Tube Investments of India Limited is more than Rs 2400 crores company and the flagship enterprise of Murugappa Group. It manufactures precision steel tubes and strips, car doorframes, automotive and industrial chains and bicycles. The Company has 4 business units i.e TI Cycles of India, TI Diamond Chain, Tube Products of India and TI Metal Forming. It has 13 manufacturing/assembly units spread across the country.
- TICI: A pioneer in the Cycles market, TI Cycles, formed in 1949, has constantly come up with new trends in line with evolving consumer needs. Recently, the company has entered the growing fitness equipment segment in order to cater to the contemporary consumer needs. TI Cycles has introduced 'BSA GO' stores, which have revolutionized the bicycle outlets in India. TI Cycles has two well established brands, Hercules and BSA. TI Cycles has plants at Chennai, Nasik and Noida, major Warehouses at Durgapur and Patna.
- BSA Motors: It is the youngest division of TII started in 2008. BSA Motors has the widest product range in the electric scooter industry specially designed and developed to suit customer needs of the target segments like school / college girls & boys and working women. The models ranges from 250 Watts and lower end models do not require license or registration.
- Tube Products of India: Tube Products of India Ltd was established in 1955, in collaboration with Tube Products (Old Bury) Limited-UK, as a measure of backward integration with the bicycles plant. In 1959, Tube Investments of India (TII) was formed by merging TI Cycles of India and Tube Products of India. Today, TPI is the preferred supplier of precision tubes, Electric Resistance Welded (ERW) and Cold Drawn Welded (CDW), to major automotive companies in India and abroad. TPI is India's undisputed market leader in CDW tubes to the automotive industry. It has also significant market presence in power plants, boiler, textile machinery, general engineering. It is the Market leader in Telescopic Front Fork Inner tubes and Cylinder bore tubes for shock absorber and gas spring applications, Propeller shaft tubes for Automotive segment. Other Specialty products include Rear Axle Tubes, Side Impact Beams, Tie Rods, Drag links, Heavy thick steering shafts and Hydraulic Cylinder tubes.
- TI Metal Forming: Established in 1965, TI Metal forming is a pioneer and leader in precision value added sheet metal formed components. TIMF manufactures car door frames, window channels, SS rail, impact beams, chassis channels, frames for starter motor (deep drawn) and other roll formed sections for railway wagons and coaches. Hydroforming and High strength steel roll forming are the new competencies that have been added to its repertoire. TIMF's customers are auto OEMs like Hyundai Motor India, Maruti Udyog (Suzuki), General Motors India, Ford India, TATA Motors, Ashok Leyland, tier 1 auto component manufacturers like Visteon India, Newage, Lucas-TVS and Indian railway wagon builders. TIMF has 65% market share in car doorframes in India.
- TI Diamond Chain: TIDC was originally incorporated in 1960 in collaboration with Diamond Chain, USA; later, it became wholly owned division of TI. It is the market leader in both the industrial and automotive chains. In recent years, it has become a major supplier of Fine Blanked components to the automotive industry. Industrial Segment covers Power Transmission Chains, Engineering Class Chains, Agricultural Chains and Textile chains. Automotive Segment covers Drive and Cam chains for Motorcycles, Timing Chains and Sprockets. Fine Blanking Segment covers Transmission & engine parts for 4 wheelers and 2 wheelers