The advent of mobile phones has uniquely shaped our lives by bringing everything we need at a click’s distance.
From ordering food and clothes online to streaming music and watching your favorite shows, we have mobile applications for everything, and many more are in progress as we speak!
This has led to a rise in demand for mobile application developers, making it one of the most sought-after professions in the IT industry.
With companies across various domains and industries looking for highly skilled mobile developers, they have to constantly work on expanding their skill set to keep up with the competition.
In this blog, we will look at some popular mobile developer skills that can enhance your resume, and bring you closer to your dream job.
Let’s get started!
Java is one of the most crucial skills for mobile application developers since it was the default language preferred to write Android apps until 2019. Android applications are often developed using Java programming language and SDK. Some of the major features of Java are :
- Android’s default programming language
- Reliable while developing applications where high-security is a concern
- Extensively used the app for Android app development
- Purely object-oriented
Explore online Java courses.
Post-2019, Java was replaced by Kotlin as Google announced that it will back Kotlin as the first-class language for programming Android applications.
An advanced and simpler form of Java, Kotlin is now used widely for Android app development. The main attributes of Kotlin are:
- Kotlin is a functional and intuitive programming language
- It has a straightforward syntax which makes the code compact
- Allows bugs and errors to be identified at the initial stage of development
- Compatible with Java
Explore online Kotlin courses.
It uses the script of Java and can be a great skill for all mobile developers. Some of the key attributes of React.JS are given below:
- The reusable nature of code components saves a lot of time
- Page rendering from server to browser enhances SEO of web application
- It is the best tool for developers to implement quick debugging
- Easy to comprehend, unlike other frameworks that require learning a wide range of concepts.
- Explore online React.js courses here.
Explore online React.js courses.
4. React Native
React native is a platform that allows developers to build cross-platform, native apps for iOS and Androids.
Some of the main features of React Native are:
- Focused on providing a comfortable user experience to mobile users
- React Native does not supply Webviews in its code but runs on actual, native components instead
Explore online React Native courses.
These frameworks help mobile app developers build native mobile apps with ease.
- Generates HTML content
- Independent of platforms
- Better control
Swift has brought about a significant change in the iOS application development industry. It replaced Objective-C with its easy to code attributes. Swift is an intuitive language used to program Apple operating systems.
With Swift gaining popularity, iOS app development has become quicker, easier, and smoother, reducing the frequency of app crashes.
Some of the key attributes of Swift are:
- Significantly simpler structure
- Easy to code
- Fast, secure, and collaborative
- Highly interactive and open-source
Explore online Swift courses.
Before Swift, iOS app developers used Objective-C, a subset language of C that has additional object-oriented features. It is the programming language used by several mobile application development companies that program for OS and iOS.
Some of the main attributes of Objective-C are:
- Dynamic runtime
- It includes syntax to define strategies and inherits most of its properties from C
- Ideal option for those looking to develop libraries and function at a lower layer of the stack
Explore online Objective-C courses.
This is the framework that Internet giant Google is based on. It contains a lot of features and components that lead to effective and speedy development. Its key features include:
- Enhanced performance and creation of rich, large scale apps
- Has in-built features like Rxjs and AngularCLI
- Reliable and effective
Explore online Angular courses.
9. UI design (mobile)
The user interface or the UI is the most significant aspect of mobile app development since it directly affects the user experience.
The apps that see good numbers of downloads and consistent user interaction are usually the ones that are not complicated, have a unique and simple interface and run smoothly.
Building a high-quality app with a user-friendly interface can enhance the interaction between the customer and the business, making them want to come back.
UI is a crucial factor in mobile application development, making it important to know more about it. Here are some of the aspects of UI designing:
- Users can find application components without much struggle
- Color scheme
- Quick loading and troubleshooting
- Smooth operation
- Easy to navigate
Explore UI development courses.
10. Cross-platform application development
Mobile applications should suit various platforms to run smoothly on all devices without creating difficulty for the users of any particular segment.
Skilled graphic designers are equipped to build apps that work on any device and function across the three major mobile operating systems - Windows, iOs, and Android. Here are a few aspects of the same:
- Reusable codes
- Simpler testing
- Service support
11. Backend Computing
Backend computing is another important skill for mobile application developers, especially those specializing in backend operations.
Since they must know how to create logical and computational concepts for application software, backend computing is a skill they must excel in. Some of the features that constitute backend computing are:
- Services to collaborate
- Database management
- Local development environments
- Frameworks and languages
- Hardware interaction
Explore Backend computing online courses.
12. Language Programming
Mobile app development is not possible without the application of language programming skills.
Mobile developers use modern programming languages to develop smart and user-friendly applications. Programming entails a lot of things, here are a few of them:
- Ability to use cross-platform mobile suites like Account management promotion (AMP) and Antenna
- Familiarity with APIs like iOS, Android, and Windows
- Knowledge of web development languages like HTML 5, CSS, and common languages like C# and Java
Explore language programming online courses.
GIT is free, open-source software that aids version control and allows mobile app developers to work with the latest techniques that may not be too traditional.
In other words, the GIT version control system allows the mobile app developers to freely experiment with the latest features, coding techniques, and application upgrades without hampering the existing versions.
- GIT version control system comes with features like:
- Non-linear development
- System distribution
Explore online GIT courses.
Can you imagine a world without mobile apps? Some of us have lived that reality, while others can’t even think of life before mobile phones. The increase in demand for mobile app developers is because of this changing phenomenon, and it is here to stay!
One of the most sought-after career options, mobile app development is gaining popularity by the minute, and with these skills on the resume, your chances of getting hired for the same are higher.
So, go ahead and explore all of these today!
All the best!