Data Science courses are no longer for techies only.
It is imperative for the business leaders to know the technical depth of the potential that their data holds.
To keep pace with the technology, and to unlock the value of organizational data, it is important to understand the basics of data science so that you aren’t lost in jargons.
Which is why, picking up a data science course that best suits the business needs is a smart move.
We bring you a cheat sheet of the top online data science courses to help you pick the most suitable one as per your skills and business needs.
These data science courses for business leaders can make them more knowledgeable about the core machine learning and data science concepts while contributing to the evolution of their skills and capabilities.
1. Data Science for Executives by Columbia University on edx
- Organization leaders
- Business managers
- Health care professionals
- Anyone looking to build a career in data science.
It is a professional certificate program, including a series of career-oriented courses for developing data science skills.
The course covers foundations of statistical thinking, the power of machine learning, and enabling technologies for data science.
The courses will be taught by the skilled professors of the Data Science Institute at Columbia University.
Duration - 5 weeks per course
Efforts - 7-10 hours per week, per course
Number of Courses - 3
Subject - Computer Science, Business & Management, Data Analysis & Statistics
Institution - Columbia University
Price - $267.30 USD
- Course 1 - Statistical Thinking for Data Science and Analytics
- Course 2 - Machine Learning for Data Science and Analytics
- Course 3 - Enabling Technologies for Data Science and Analytics: The Internet of Things
Data Science for Business by DataCamp
- Business leaders
- Senior-level employees working in data and analytics organization.
This course is designed for the business leaders willing to develop an understanding of data sources that can be used and stored by the business.
It also explores ways to analyze and visualize data through dashboards and different methodologies such as machine learning, including clustering, time series prediction, natural language processing (NLP), deep learning, and explainable AI.
It allows the participants to develop skills required to manage a data team and helps them learn the ways to structure that team to meet their organization's needs.
Duration - 4 hours
Course Content -14 Videos & 51 Exercises
Total Number of Participants - 30,457
- Introduction to Data Science – Covers concepts of data science
- Data Collection and Storage - Dives deeper into the data collection and storage
- Analysis and Visualization - Learn ways to explore and visualize data through dashboards
- Prediction - Explore the concepts of machine learning
Analytics for Leaders by Jigsaw Academy
- Senior executives involved in business decision-making.
This course aids business leaders in their business decision-making by effectively using data-driven insights.
Suitable for managers and senior executives of the organizations globally, these courses can help you in making fast business decisions and work efficiently with the in-house analytics teams.
Course Duration - 1 month
Access Duration - 3 months
Course Cost – Rs. 8800
- Overview of the Business Analytics Model
- Working with Analytics
- Being Analytically Competitive
- Managing Analytics Talent
- Introduction to Big Data
- Business Case Studies
Data Science for Business Leaders by Altius
- Innovators from varied businesses globally.
The course is designed for executives, strategists, and innovators from varied businesses globally.
It covers basic concepts of data sciences and then moves to the advanced ones, guiding business leaders on how data scientists work, the algorithms they use, and the approaches they follow.
It also shares approaches to work with the data science teams for better outcomes.
- What is data science?
- What are the common approaches that can be used by data scientists – from Linear Regression to Deep Learning
- How can your business benefit from using data? Including example use cases from across industries
- How do you start and organize your team within the business?
- How should you govern the use of data science, what are the risks and how to avoid them?
- How does a data scientist approach a project?
- What you need to extract value from your data?
Data Science for Business Innovation by Coursera
- Executive and middle-management.
The course discusses the importance of data science in today’s digital age.
It covers terminology and concepts, tools and methods, use cases and success stories of data science applications.
Course Duration - 7 Hours
Rating - 4.0 stars based on 23 ratings
- Week 1 - Introduction to Data-driven Business
- Week 2 - Terminology and Foundational Concepts
- Week 3 - Data Science Methods for Business
- Week 4 - Challenges and Conclusions
Executive Data Science Specialization by Coursera
- Any professional looking forward to master data science skills.
It is a beginner level program that can be taken by even those who have no experience working in data science.
With this course, the business leaders can understand their roles as a leader and be able to develop and work with a team, while developing their skills.
Leaders will learn the structure of the data science pipeline, understand the goals, and develop the skills to overcome the real-world data science project challenges.
Course Duration - 2 months
Efforts - 4 hours per week
Rating - 4.5 stars based on 13,631 ratings
- Course 1 - A Crash Course in Data Science
- Course 2- Building a Data Science Team
- Course 3 - Managing Data Analysis
- Course 4 - Data Science in Real Life
- Course 5 - Executive Data Science Capstone
Some Interesting Reads
- Is AI a fad?
- Gartner Top 10 Data and Analytics Trends
- 5 Things Business Leaders Should Know about Data Science
- How I Started My Data Science Business
All the best!