You must know that Naukri Job Alerts are customized according to your profile and the resume you uploaded on our site. Like you, every job seeker gets a unique set of matching jobs, based on the data they feed into their Naukri profile page. This match is based on the text in the resume, and also depends on some chosen fields such as functional area, department, job role, and industry. Each of these parameters along with the salary, experience and preferred location, are used to find best-fit jobs for you.
Let us now deep dive into some important details about Naukri job alerts. Studying them to will help you maximize this useful feature of Naukri.
Not all jobs are sent in job alerts
Only jobs posted in last two to three days are used to match against the profile and sent in the email. However, a link at the bottom of the job alert mailer lands you on recommended jobs page which shows all jobs on that particular day, matching your profile.
Only one profile you shared with us is used
In case you have created multiple profiles with Naukri, only the last profile that you have shared with us or updated recently, is used to send matching jobs. If you have added new skills, moved higher in your organization, got a salary increase or changed your job, you should incorporate these changes into your default Naukri profile to receive better matched job alerts.
Select a specific functional area
Selecting functional area and role as “Others” may hurt relevance of the Job Alert. If you select your Functional Area or Role as “Others”, Naukri does not precisely know what your department is. We understand organizations do create custom designations that are specific or unique to them. Therefore, it is best to select the closest matching Functional Area or Role, instead of selecting “Others”. Please note this will not limit the jobs you receive to the role that you have selected, since Naukri also sends jobs in similar roles, not just the role that you selected.
Naukri job alerts are computed using a matching logic which takes into consideration your skills as specified in the CV, and those mentioned in the Key Skills, Designation or Resume Headline fields in your Naukri profile. A combination of these variables is then used to send job alerts.
Increase releavnce of job alerts
If you find jobs are not relevant to you, we suggest the following –
- Ensure your profile is kept updated
- Add your current professional skills in Key Skills field in Naukri Profile – If you have mentioned key skills in just your CV and but not in this Naukri Profile field, you may miss jobs that match your current skills. Since not all skills that you might have acquired during your professional life are equally important for your next career move; jobs you receive do take into account the current key skills field. You can edit your key skills by logging into your Naukri Account and then following My Naukri Home –> View & Update –> Profile Snapshot –> Key Skills
- Remove skills that are not relevant or you don’t intend to seek jobs for, from Key Skills field – You may want to show case all skills to recruiters, however, do that only in your CV. Removing these skills from Key Skills field in Naukri Profile will reduce jobs which require this skill. Same is also true for Resume Headline and Designation fields of your Naukri Profile.
- Specify your Preferred Location – We realize that the location of a company is an important factor while evaluating job opportunities. Hence your job alerts are classified into parts – jobs matching only your preferred locations and jobs matching other locations. You can specify your preferred location by logging into your Naukri Account and then following My Naukri Home –> View & Update –> Profile Snapshot –> Preferred Location
- Add a descriptive Designation in Naukri Profile – If your designation in Naukri profile is “Senior Manager” and you are working in the accounts department, change the designation to “Senior Manager – Accounts”. An indicator to department/ role what you are currently working in, helps.
- Remove descriptions that may cause confusion from your Designation– If you are working in a Bank and serving clients as “Senior Relationship Banker- Agriculture and Food Industry”, consider if you really want a job only in that Industry. If your skills are broad based and not just limited to this Industry, consider using a different designation like “Senior Relationship Banker – Corporate Division”.
It is important to know that as a Naukri registered member, you have control on the kind of jobs you receive. If you don’t find job alerts relevant, you can create a personalized job alert for yourself. Just fill up a simple form, mention your skills, experience, salary, location etc and subscribe to jobs in that specific area. Power to you.
Wishing you great success in your career.
With Best Regards,
Subscribe to Naukri's Official Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox