Accountant - Consolidations & Controlling is a key role on the Corporate Accounting and Consolidations team within the Controllers Group. This position will assist in performing monthly global financial accounting activities and related consolidation and reporting tasks. MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform monthly/quarterly/annual close accounting activities, journal entry preparation, account reconciliation, expense trending analyses and memos along with auditable, adequate support for necessary approvals. Report monthly results timely into data mapping tool to help facilitate Avantor consolidated results. This includes Assisting Financial Reporting and Consolidation with month end close processes & data requirements.
- Activities includes but is not limited to reserves calculation (DFS, E&O, LIFO, Credit Memo, Bad Debt Reserves, etc.), accruals and prepayments, payroll, rebates calculation (Vendor & Customer), FX revaluation etc.
- Perform monthly/quarterly/annual Flux analysis, info-pack preparation, tax package preparation, Blackline reconciliations
- Analysis and resolution of intercompany differences between trading partners.
- Controllership responsibilities to build and support Avantor's control environment.
- Be an effective corporate accounting business partner to finance leaders by fostering relationships and developing an understanding of the financial processes, inter-department data, reporting requirements, current activities and special projects. Concisely and accurately communicates this gained knowledge back to the Controller's Group.
- Assist and support quarterly external audit process and internal audit process.
- Continuously analyzes ongoing processes within areas of responsibility to identify and implement process improvements to make the close process more efficient, data more easily accessible by the business, and enhance the data integrity of the financial position of the company and its related business units.
- Performs ad-hoc analyses and requests, including special projects (financial and economic in nature). And other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.