Job Purpose (Job Summary): To provide applicationdevelopment and production support for business application systems in back andmiddle office Investment Services areas in the investment management industry.
Key Responsibilities / Duties :
- Provide development forsmall changes (<120 hours) and any assigned project work for supportedapplications as requested
- Complete all tasksrelated to technical analysis, development, unit testing, quality assurance,system testing, and implementation in accordance with the IT development lifecycle.
- Assist project and linemanagers in producing estimates for the development effort required for systemenhancements
- Ability to analyzerequirements / problems and to propose innovative but workable solutions
- Adhere to all Invescostandards for support and change management activities.
- Create system supportdocumentation for all developed applications, ensuring it is kept up to datewithin application profiles and included as part of support turnover
- Provide weekly updateson enhancement activities so clients are current on completed work
- Coordinate andparticipate in testing for in-house and vendor developed software applications.
- Interact with keyvendors to ensure their changes/improvements/upgrades meet client requirementsand internal technology standards.
SUPPORT - 60%
- Support the InvestmentOperations Back-Office Production Environment as a priority
- Provide productionsupport as needed to backup support team as well as out of hours, weekend andbank holiday support, when required, as agreed with Team Lead
- Assist with regularsystem upgrades on applications by reviewing functionality changes(new/amended), system testing, client training and updating of supportdocumentation
- Escalate issues andremediation steps effectively and in a timely manner.
- Perform troubleshootinganalysis and resolution of critical applications and batch processes.
- Coordinate with vendorsto troubleshoot and resolve issues.
OTHER - 10%
- Attend scheduledmeetings with Team Lead/ Department/ Town Hall presentations
- Become familiar withcompany methodologies around Lean and Agile
- Actively participatewith Team Lead in creating personal development plan
- Provide the Team Leadwith ideas to enhance or improve team processes and procedures and ensureagreed procedures are followed
- Attend scheduledtraining sessions
- Administrativeactivities - time sheets/compliance requests
- Normal officeenvironment with little exposure to noise, dust and temperatures.
- The ability to lift,carry or otherwise move objects of up to 10 pounds.
- Normally works a regularschedule of hours and should be flexible for the timing changes, however hoursmay vary depending upon the project or assignment. Estimate a shiftstarting at 5.30 am to until 10.30 pm.
- Hours may includeevenings and/or weekends and may include periodic 24 hour a day on call supportby pager and/or cell phone.
- Willingness to travelboth domestically and internationally. Frequency and duration to be determinedby manager.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum 5 to 9 years ofanalyzing business or technical problems, and of proposing and implementingsolutions.
- Must have a technicalknowledge of system/software support in the Investment Services Industry.
Specific Technical Skills Required:
- Experienced in Databaseprogramming and troubleshooting (Oracle, SQL Server, ETC.)
- Experienced in Autosysor any equivalent scheduling utility
- Informatica or anyequivalent ETL tool
- Basic knowledge on Unix
- Any Automation skillslike Python, Selenium etc.,
Inter-Personal Skills / Other AttributesRequired:
- Excellent verbal andwritten communication skills
- Experience working in anonshore/offshore environment supporting clients in different time zones
- Experience workingwithin the Investment Services or Financial industry in an IT related role
- Ability to establishpriorities, meet deadlines, and concentrate on detailed information in afast-paced demanding work environment
- Strong problem solvingcapabilities with an analytical, methodical approach
- Must have experience ofanalyzing business or technical problems, and of proposing and implementingsolutions
- Must demonstrate astrong customer focused attitude and understand the fundamentals of customerservice
- Must be capable ofcommunicating and negotiating effectively with all levels of user.
- Have a strong desire tolearn and progress (motivated enough to self learn)
- Must have goodorganizational and planning skills, able to work under pressure and multi-task
- Willingness to listen tousers,
- Excellent verbal andwritten skills
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- A Bachelor's Degree inComputer Information Systems \ Computer Science is preferred or commensuraterelevant work experience
Competency Requirements - Invesco Core:
Please refer to IPMP manual for competencedescriptions
- We are purely focused ondelivering a superior investment experience for clients
- We earn trust by actingwith integrity
- We value our employeesand their diverse perspectives
- We achieve more byworking together across the office and around the globe
We are passionate in ourcontinuous pursuit of performance excellence