Shell Retail IT Project Managers are responsible for establishing and leading business-critical IT projects with the ultimate goal of ensuring that the projects deliver the expected business benefits and value within agreed costs and schedule.
The PM is the single accountable party for planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing a given initiative. Many Retail IT projects are strategic initiatives spanning many technologies including mobile applications, electronic payment, analytics and Customer Relationship Management. Some projects deal with petrol station Point Of Sale and Back Office systems, delivering new capabilities or ensuring existing systems keep pace with compliance requirements. Retail IT projects provide broad career exposure and the opportunity to run projects from $0.5m to $75m
- Directly managing all aspects of the project lifecycle and working with IT partners to oversee all phases of a project
- Rigorously managing scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost, and quality parameters with focus on delivering the business benefits
- Acquiring and utilizing necessary resources and skills
- Validating financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Ensuring appropriate stakeholder engagement, change and communication plans and interfaces are developed and executed
- Representing the project in various project governance/forums
- Defining and tracking project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Developing the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and other project management deliverables
- Identifying required control frameworks to meet the various assurance requirements of the project.
- Publishing periodic project status reports, tailoring them to the needs of the audience
- Applying Shell project management methodologies, standards and processes.
Experience and Qualifications required
- PMP (PMI) and CSM certification preferred
- University/bachelors degree in Information Technology or other related discipline
- Experience in project management role of 9 - 15 years, team management (5 - 25 people), project budgets up to $15m
- Knowledge of National or International Oil company business or major companies in the Retailing sector
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Solid influencing skills and demonstrates leadership; motivating & encouraging others to get results
- Sound business and technical acumen, in particular understanding how to create a business case
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers, leaders as well as team members
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (both oral/written) with ability to communicate at various levels with clarity/precision
- Strong presentation skills
- Exemplary core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools including delivery methodologies such as waterfall, agile/scrum and iterative.
- Ability to work virtually in a diverse global organization and with major outsourced suppliers of infrastructure and application services.
- Ability to mobilize and motivate teams and develop the skills of team members through coaching and delegation
- Broad knowledge of IT and the ability to understand the business, technical, and data architecture landscapes relevant to Retail, including as, payment Cards systems for issuing, authorizing and acquiring transactions, Convenience Retail. Knowledge of Loyalty schemes, Customer Relationship Management, "Big Data" applications, data mining, analytics, real time systems, mobile phone applications
- Involvement with Request for Information" (RFI) and "Request for proposal" (RFP) projects, contracting, Software as a Service (SaaS), third party software development, hardware/ software solutions such Indoor Payment Terminals, Outdoor Payment, Hand Held terminals, Point of Sale systems, Back Office Systems, Replenishment/stock control systems
- Shows ability to use structured problem solving tools and can explain solution options to non-IT stakeholders
- Includes time and duration for resolution and design activities; can judge on implementation durations
- Able to express line of thoughts and conclusions verbally in English language in a way that can easily be understood
- Can master multiple different technology platforms in parallel in terms of concept, configuration and co-deployment
- Is able to explain which business value/benefits a specific IT solution creates
- Knows which threats can happen to an IT solution, and has practised penetration tests and remediation implementation; takes security personally
- Has solid knowledge of CI methodologies and applies a pragmatic mindset to take fast decisions and eliminate waste
Desired Candidate Profile
Please refer to the Job description above
UG: Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization
View Contact Details
Shell India Markets Private Limited
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programs, which see our employees, thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone, in socially and environmentally responsible ways. Shell is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. Shell aims to establish a new IT hub in Bangalore, and scale it up over a five-year period. Purpose of the IT Function is to enable the Business by focusing on business outcomes, delivering fit for business technology solutions which enable business agility and profitable growth.
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.