Job Purpose * Support the Senior Manager, Direct Tax in taxation related activities such as computation of corporate tax, TDS, withholding tax, etc.; payment of taxes on timely basis; and preparation of tax returns and tax refund applications
* Manage day to day tracking of compliance with direct tax related activities.
* Carry out in depth research and analysis for preparation of recommendations to internal functional stakeholders, when consulted for a direct tax opinion
* Coordinate the litigation related activities (relating to direct tax) by extensively interfacing with external legal counsel
* Support the circle and region teams in addressing and resolving queries relating to direct tax compliance
Key Job Responsibilities and KPIs Key Job Responsibilities:
Financial / Technical / Process
* Tax Compliance Implementation
Execute all direct taxation related computation, payment and return filing in compliance with taxation laws and regulations
Support the tax auditors in timely receipt and collation of necessary data from the respective functional departments
Extensively engage with the audit team to address any queries / concerns they may have while conducting the audit
Post confirmation of the auditor's observations, implement the necessary additional governance controls as per the direction of the superior
* Tax Computation
Collect data required for direct tax calculation from various departments
Compute corporate tax, TDS, withholding tax, etc. as per the relevant Indian tax laws
Ensure execution of timely payment of taxes to relevant tax authorities post approval
Support the Senior Manager, Direct Tax in tax planning and making necessary tax provisions
Keep abreast of changes in direct tax regulations and support the Senior Manager, Direct Tax in making necessary changes to the firm's tax computation process, ERP software, etc.
Compute the tax impact accruing from any transfer pricing and cross border transactions
* Tax Return Filing
Prepare and file direct tax returns in India. Further, ensure adherence to the necessary compliances in the US through the Tax Operation Monitoring (TOM) portal
Maintain tax receipts, tax returns and other tax related documentation
Support the Senior Manager, Direct Tax in coordinating with tax authorities in case any clarifications are required regarding tax returns and tax payments
Analyze data and prepare reports regarding the firm's tax liabilities for the year, aging of tax items and open items on a periodic basis
* Tax Refund and Exemption Application
Prepare applications to tax authorities for tax refunds and tax exemptions
Support the Senior Manager, Direct Tax in identifying and recommending changes in operations and accounting methods to reduce tax liability
* Direct Tax Litigation
Share necessary case related details with the external counsel engaged
Liase with the external counsel for resolution of any queries / concerns raised. Where required, facilitate meetings between the external counsel and internal functional stakeholders
Prepare a status update regarding the direct tax litigation proceedings being pursued by the firm and present to superior.
* Consultation to Internal Stakeholders
Carry out indepth review of inquiries received from internal business functional stakeholders to assess the tax implications on the business decision
Carry out necessary research to develop a detailed opinion regarding impact on direct tax liability and compliance issues
Post approval from superior, share the recommendations with the internal stakeholder concerned and address queries, if any
* Tax Authority Inquiry Management
Study in detail the inquiries received from direct tax authorities relating to information requests, access to records, etc.
Carry out necessary research to develop a detailed response to the inquiry.
Maintain a log of all communication with tax authorities, including details of data shared
* Tax Non-Compliance Tracking
Review all cases of direct tax non-compliance, identifying reasons, responsible stakeholder, etc.
Analyze financial impact of all tax related non compliances during the period
Implement appropriate corrective actions and liase with the necessary functional stakeholders to ensure that such tax non compliances are not repeated in the future
* Tax Litigation Financial Analysis
Review the funds committed and invested in direct tax litigation activities.
Analyze and evaluate expected tax recovery / liability prevention and present recommendation to Head - Taxation regarding whether further funds should be committed to a litigation proceeding
Job Requirements * Educational Qualification - Chartered Accountant/ Chartered Accountant Inter
* Technical Competencies -
Management reporting and analysis
Financial risk management
* Behavioral Competencies - All ATC Core Competencies
* Language: Proficiency in English and Hindi
* Relevant Experience (in Years) - Minimum 2-5 years of prior experience in a taxation role (for a Chartered Accountant) or Minimum 6-7 years of prior experience in a taxation role (for a Chartered Accountant Inter)
* Overall Experience (in Years) - Minimum 2-5 years of prior experience in a taxation role (for a Chartered Accountant) or Minimum 6-7 years of prior experience in a taxation role (for a Chartered Accountant Inter)
* Key Internal Contacts -
Functional Heads - Provide consultation for tax specific matters
* Key External Contacts -
Tax Authorities - Engage for understanding of tax developments, response to enquiries, etc.
Tax Legal Counsel - Engage for tax specific litigation / advice
External Consultants - Liase with, share information and address queries
Industry Bodies, Professional Bodies, Government Bodies, etc. - Track trends relating to industry or function specific policies, practices, etc.