As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Hands-on Mainframer with rich technical expertise on mainframe, customer facing and pre-sales experience along with good understanding of new-age mainframe languages & tools. Should be presently hands-on in working on Mainframe. Should have deep interest and passion for technology.
Expected to drive solution design, create technical learning roadmap, mentor people, anchor delivery of critical projects and independently execute POC and FOAK projects.
Should be open for extensive short-term travel.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Estimation process and practices
- Experience in Pre Sales and Due Diligence
- Good Verbal and Written communication
- Domain exposure in FSS or Retail or Healthcare
- Direct experience with clients across multiple countries
- Leadership and negotiation skills
- Go-getter with ability to work without support and lead team
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Solid knowledge of z-platform and z/OS technologies in terms of hardware and operating systems
- Application development and control of mainframe architecture, middle-ware and tooling.
- Hands on experience on IDz/RDz/Aqua and similar tools
- Solid exposure to CICS, and/or CICSplex and batch technology from technical development perspective,
- Strong Application programming experience in JCL, REXX, at least two traditional mainframe languages (COBOL, PL/1, Assembler etc.) and exposure to Java / Python / Spark / Scala
- Experience on and Debugging Tools & usage of APA / ADFz
- Database skills - DB2 on z/OS and datasharing along with any other non RDBMS (Preferably in IMS DB)
- Conversant with more than one SCM for z/OS
- Exposure to File transfer utilities and softwares, WebSphere MQ and queue sharing,
- Experience in Workload Schedulers
- Knowledge with Unicode, WebSphere Application Server on z/OS
- zLinux / ZOWE awareness
- Experienced in mainframe DevOps with DBB, GIT, UCDz, etc.
- Exposure to SDLC and Agile
- Quality Process and Metrics analysis for Application migration
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
/ Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - Mainframe
Role Category: Programming & Design
Role: Technical Architect
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent