To meet organisation's business plan.
Key Result Areas :
- Provide real-time technical service and solutions at Customer end on products supplied from all plants (Flat and Long Products) across segments like Automotive, Non- Automotive and Retail segments
- Must be able to do analysis, respond to customer need and provide innovative solutions to common problems and new requirments,
- Perform Trail at customers end, application tests and provide inputs to plant through reviews to ensure products is satisfactory.
- Respond to enquiry, finalise technical delivery conditions (TDC) in line with customer specifications,based on applications and plant capability.
- In order to design and re-design effective applications, Application Engineers must acquire and analyze customer needs and problems, making recommendations to the engineering team to satisfy needs and develop solutions.
- Address product concerns and complaints.
- Performance monitoring and benchmarking with competition.
- Provide Corrective and Preventive action (CAPA) against the customer Complaints.
- Maintain expect level of product knowledge and application.
- Initiate Product Development & Approval at target Customers, drive and monitor till commericialization..
- Listen, understand and provide solution for customer requirements.
- Perform technical/ product training for sales people, fabricators, consultants and engineers at target segments.
- Assist in the design and development of new products and grades necessary to make plant (PDQC) comfortable.
- Regular Interaction with plant technical team through meetings at plants(once in month). Travel to plants to preform start-up, integration, and training services.
- Resolve customer issues or complaints, as per Company's target SLA/timelines through field investigation, analysis and customer inuts to plant QA/PDQC Dept and ensure non-recurrence.
- Maintain professional business relationships through regular interactions.
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help furture growth.
- Need based Solutions.
- Confirm products as per specifications/stated needs.
- Complaint acceptance (as per DOP)
- Customer Queries
Educational Background and Work Experinece :
BE (Metallurgy/Mechnical), 0-2yrs of work experinece as QA/QC/Operations in Steel plant.
Having relevant metallurgical/product knowledge (Steel mill process)
Collaboring across interdisciplinary team
Statistical and mathematiccal skills for analysis
Application knowledge (Customer process)
Communications skills (both written & verbal)
Working relationships- Stakeholders
PDQ/QA, Sales & Marketing, CSD and SCM
Consultants Third party lab
Key Success Factors- Challenges:
- Grappling with Demand of the role
- Team Management
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Iron and Steel
Role:Product Development Manager
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Mechanical, Metallurgy
PG:M.Tech - Mechanical, Metallurgy
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
JSW Steel Ltd
As a leader in India's steel industry, we believe it is our responsibility to improve and upgrade the quality of construction in the country. We also pride ourselves on our CSR activities which aim to make India better every day.
With the largest product portfolio in steel, we are India's largest steel exporter, shipping to over 100 countries across 5 continents.
Over the last 35 years, we have been at the forefront of science and cutting-edge technology. Driven by research and innovation along the way, we have opened the gateway to self-reliance and sustainability.
By staying on the cusp of change, and maintaining the best-in-class standards, we are here to revolutionize steel-making.
Recruiter Name:Kavita Sanikop
Contact Company:JSW Steel Ltd