Position Title: Area Sales Manager
Department: Sales Work Location:
Travel Required: Yes
Reporting to: Administrative: Regional Manager (RM) Reported by: Sales Officer / Sales Representative (SO / SR)
Functional: Regional Sales Manager (RSM)
Educational Qualification: Graduate ( MBA Preferred)
Experience: 5-10 years of experience in Sales with exposure to Retail Sales and Distribution management in Footwear, FMCG or FMCD industry.
Any additional requirement:
Purpose of the Position (Job Summary)
- To achieve the sales target in the assigned territory by selling existing and new products & developing the territory with sustained growth
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Financial - Sales planning: Translating the annual sales plan into quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily operational plans and developing sales targets (volume and value) for each sub-category of products for distributors in his area (to be done in consultation with the Regional Sales Manager)
- Distributor management: Managing distributors to ensure primary sales plan is achieved as per defined category wise sales plan
- Collections: Ensure timely clearance of outstanding payments from distributors
Customer Orientation - Product launches: Positioning new product line/brand/SKU in the assigned sales zone/markets by direct interaction with key retailers and through SOs
- Product feedback: Collecting and synthesizing feedback on Aqualite's product portfolio in the context of competitor products and providing appropriate recommendations
- Secondary feedback: Capturing feedback of retailers on secondary scheme, NPD and distribution
- Distributor appointment: Scouting and appointing new distributors as per defined norms
- Distributor onboarding: Ensuring distributor gets all relevant post appointment support
- Distributor account management: Being the point of contact for distributors; monitoring product movement at distributors by taking weekly updates from SOs of stock and credit limits
- Complaints management: Resolving complaints of channel partners inc. issues related to returns
People Orientation - Effective leadership: Defining daily tasks (Target, Focus / NPD article, Scheme Comm. Etc.) for each Sales Officer
- Mentorship and supervision: Mentoring, coaching and supervising company SOs
- Evaluation: Evaluating SO performance and creating customised action plan for each SO-
Internal Business Process - Outlet mapping: Leveraging the SO to build and periodically refresh the universe of footwear outlets the assigned territories
- Coverage improvement: Based on market visits, highlighting gaps in market and developing an action plan with SO.
- Retailer engagement: Conducting Retailer visits to observe and improve product visibility, availability of NPD/focus articles, brand investments and merchandising
- Orders and credit management: Receiving distributor orders, checking credit limit and ensuring order details are shared with billing team
- Journey plan: Compiling market working reports from SOs and sharing then with the admin team
- Competitive analysis: Analyzing competitor initiatives and preparing action plans to counter competition
- Competitor schemes: Being up-to-date with latest competitor trade scheme and giving scheme recommendations to augment sales; communicating trade promotion schemes to SOs and Distributors
- Distributor exclusivity: Sharing intelligence on exclusive distributors who add/ are bound to add competitor brands in their portfolio
- MIS reports: Preparing MIS reports for target vs actual sales and other objectives
- Reviews: Timely review of monthly/quarterly performance with RSMs, SOs and distributors
- Sales forecasting: Providing sales forecast support to RSM
- Other strategic interventions: Focus on implementation of company's strategic objectives for assigned sales area
- Business Acumen
- Selling skills
- Market Knowledge
- Analytical skills - Customer Focus
- Result Orientation
- Negotiation skills
Key Result Areas :
- Sales Volume/Value Achievement
- % Revenue Contribution from NPDs
- Rs. Cr business from new Distr-Div. vs. target
- PJP adherence
- Average outstanding at end of each month as % of month's sales - Improve Adherence to Key Sales Processes.
- Coaching and mentoring provided to SOs
- Competitor Analysis
- Customer Service improvement
Key Stakeholder Management
- Marketing Team
- Corporate Communication & NPD Team
- Production Planning & Logistics Team
- Distribution and Sales Support Team
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: IT-Software, Software Services
Role Category:Retail Sales
Role:Area Sales Manager
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
UG: Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Aqualite Footwear Private Limited
Neerus Ensembles Pvt. Ltd.
6 - 11 yrs Bengaluru, Hyderabad
Keyskills: profitability, regional manager, district manager, area sales manager...
Vision HR Services Pvt Ltd
5 - 10 yrs Bengaluru, Hyderabad, And...
Keyskills: marketing, Sales, business devlopment, channel sales, solar lighting, solar...
The Perfect 1/One Search
6 - 11 yrs Bengaluru, Hyderabad
Keyskills: Retail Sales, Sales, Distribution, Channel Sales, FMCG Sales
Wow Idea ConsultingMinds Private Limited
4 - 9 yrs Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Ahm...
Keyskills: area management, territory management, sales
6 - 8 yrs Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi...
Keyskills: Product Promotion, Sales Generation, Lead Generation, Brand Management...
Head 2 Hire
6 - 10 yrs Hyderabad
Keyskills: Team Management, Market Penetration, Appoint, Sales Achievement...
WIMWI FOODS PRIVATE LIMITED (ASAP BARS)
6 - 10 yrs Hyderabad
Keyskills: area sales management, sales team handling, dealer handling...