- Must have the ability to communicate in English language both verbal and written
- Proficiency with various Office software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills and an ability to work from broad guidelines with minimal supervision
- Familiar with various types of test equipment for optical and protocol testing
- Good foundation knowledge of Carrier Ethernet protocols, OTN, SONET/SDH/DWDM and a general understanding of other Switching/Transport concepts are required.
- Knowledge of computers, data communications, UNIX SUN/Oracle and IP network experience would be a benefit.
- Provide remote technical support on identified Ciena products as business requirements.
- Review with senior engineers issues found in the field and assist communication with Design and Supply Chain on problems found
- Provide Customer feedback to Quality Assurance, Design, Product Management, Technical Publications and Training
- Foundation knowledge of the operation of fiber optic transport and/or switching equipment.
- Preferably has experience in a technical support role with an equipment vendor in the Telco industry.
- Basic problem-solving experience with Carrier Ethernet equipment, OTN/SONET/SDH equipment, or associated fiber optic facilities.
- Experience with network management systems would be beneficial
- Strong background in relationship building and Customer focus
- Team player
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
Collaboration with stakeholders:
Utilize debug tools as well as lab research to aid Customer s technical problem. Recover information necessary to escalate the incident/issue to senior engineers. Escalation may eventually include Engineering/Design, Product/Project Management, Documentation, or Training
Areas of impact:
- System level troubleshooting on DWDM/ROADM, and fiber optic telecommunications transport equipment.
- An understanding of routing/switching, transport and switching systems for telecommunications applications and Optical Networking
Bachelor s degree in a technical field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science) from a four-year college or university with one to three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Programming & Design
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Production/Industrial
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Ciena India Private Ltd.
Ciena's Gurgaon R&D Centre will focus on technologies such as Storage Extension and Optical Transport, including ultra long-haul, long-haul, regional and metropolitan applications, as well as Multiservice Switching, Broadband Access and Network Management. The Gurgaon Centre will supplement and work collaboratively with Ciena's existing research and development organization in North America.
About CIENA Corporation :
Contact Company:Ciena India Private Ltd.