The RBS group in Bangalore is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The teams primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
The Business Research Analyst II you will have the opportunity to be part of the Retail Business Services (RBS) Product Management team to develop and deliver products that will impact worldwide customer experience, directly drive revenue, and decrease customer returns.
This is an exciting and varied position with a high level of visibility and a great career path for someone looking for a way in to the product management space. Day to day, you will be challenged by a range of complex problems to solve where you may find yourself analyzing error trends, diving into the feasibility of new product features, or even working out how to translate human logic into machine consumable data.
To be part of our journey, you must have exceptional problem solving skills, good business judgment, and demonstrated skills in data management. You will be customer-focused and may have a passion for Data science and ML technologies. As an all rounder with a love for data and numbers, you may have had previous customer advocate, data analyst, product / business analyst or business intelligence experience.
Role Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Dive deep to drive product pilots, build and analyze large data sets, and construct problem hypotheses that help steer the product feature roadmap (e.g. with use of R,SAS, STATA, Matlab, Python or JAVA), tools for database (e.g. SQL, Redshift) and ML tools (Rapid Miner, Eider)
- Work across the organisation to support the product manager undertake new product feature analysis, requirements definition and business cases development
- Lead initiatives by working closely with teams across the organization, including category leadership, and other product management teams
- Build reports from established data warehouses and self-service reporting tools
Required Candidate profile
- Relevant bachelors degree or higher
- 3+ years combined of relevant work experience in a related field/s (product owner, engineering, business analysis) - Diverse experience will be favored eg. a mix of experience across different roles
- Ability to analyse and then articulate business issues to a wide range of audiences using strong data, written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of machine learning concepts including developing models and tuning the hyper-parameters, as well as deploying models and building ML service
- SQL/ETL Query Writing (Medium to complex)
- Working knowledge of R, SAS, STATA, Matlab, Python or Java for use in small scale automation
- Technical expertise, experience in Data science and ML
- Be self-motivated and autonomous with an ability to prioritize well, and remain focused when working within a team located in across several countries and time zones
Perks and Benefits
Salary: INR 18,00,000 - 25,00,000 PA.
/ Software Services
Functional Area: Analytics & Business Intelligence
Role Category: Analytics & BI
Role: Business Analyst
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent