Job Title:- Category Manager Rotary.
Job Location:- Mumbai.
Qualification:- BE Mechanical or Production.
Exp:- 10-15+ years of experience in procurement of rotary equipment like Compressors,
Pumps, Turbines, Blowers etc. for Oil and Gas Owner/EPC companies.
1. Should have experience in leading a team of buyers, preferably rotary as a category.
2. Possess strong techno-commercial knowledge on procurement of rotary items like Compressors (Centrifugal and Positive Displacement compressors compliant with API standards), Pumps (API/Non API Centrifugal and Positive Displacement Pumps)
3. Possess and should have managed strategic relationships with key suppliers of rotary in Oil & Gas sector (up and mid-stream areas).
4. Should be a strong negotiator and go getter. Should be self motivated to intiated and implement design & commercial value important ideas. Should have the ability to negotiate successfully with vendors, Contractors and client through engineering procurement & Construction phases of the project.
5. The category manager will be responsible for the leadership, continuous development, future improvement, staffing and operation of their respective category/categories with SCM.
6. The key strategic elements of the position are as follows:
(i) Controls: ensuring that all staff within his / her control are compliant with adopted SCM processes, ethics and business practices standards.
(ii) Business Management support: developing exceptional expertise in the subject categories, and becoming an acknowledged reference point across the company for data and advice. Translating this knowledge into contracting strategies, targets and outcomes to maximise company growth & Profitablity.
(iii) People: establishing a fit-for-purpose Category organisation which maximizes performance and encourages personal and professional development.
(iv) Safety: providing a safe working environment for SCM staff within his / her organisation.
(v) As one of the SCM management team, developing ideas and proposals which span
7. Specific requirements include but are not limited to:-
(i) Identify internal client base (project managers, engineering, QA/QC, etc.), establish good working relationships and develop an understanding of their business challenges, potential risks and priorities.
(ii) Provide direction to the SCM planning team to conduct historic and projected spend analysis and supply market / industry analysis that are relevant to the category.
(iii) Identify category value improvement levers in conjunction with the engineering team, and prepare category strategies. Conduct cross-functional category value improvement workshops with stakeholders. Further, ensure compliance of improvement levers in MR.
(iv) Investigate potential for new supply markets and suppliers in other regions and countries. Initiate vendor evaluation process for shortlisted vendors, in conjunction with the Supplier Development team.
(v) Review category and sub-category level cost sheets (models) and institutionalize their usage in the process of sourcing.
(vi) Ensure the finalized category strategies are implemented during the Source to Contract and contract to supply phase.
(vii) Structure the framework agreements with suppliers for respective Categories / Sub- categories to minimize duplication of effort.
(viii) Establish pre-evaluation criteria for shortlisting potential offers and identify review team to validate.
(ix) Facilitate effective negotiations for target cost reduction.
(x) Provide periodic reports on procurement progress, informs the management on areas of concern and advises remedial actions and alternatives to maintain delivery schedule.
(xi) Ensure compliance to changes in scope (internal and external), basis inputs from Planning and Performance team.
(xii) Negotiate Supplier Change-Order (Amendments), Delivery Extension and managing PO Closure in agreement with the Delivery Mangement team.
(xiii) Support and guide business management during bid estimation. Identify best source of estimation for bids and identify likely trends and risks up to delivery.