The Financial Planner should be able to engage with the clients during pre-planning discussions and should be able to analyse data, form conclusions, and create Financial Plans based on that. They will be working as a point of contact between the company and the client.
Collecting complete information w.r.t the clients financials during the pre- planning phase and post planning phase would be the key role the planner would perform. Key work area would be construction of a comprehensive plan while keeping in mind the clients requirement, current financial position and goals. They should be able to rationalize their decisions and be able to answer client queries on any aspect of the plan. They would be required to work with the support staff and supervise implementation and follow up in case of procedural glitches.
Clients interest first, right information, focus on deliverables, commitment would be some of the key factors for the role as a financial planner.
Initial Key Areas of Responsibility
- Common job duties include understanding the questionnaire filled by each client, interpreting it and creating a check list of information provided and additional information required. This would mean contacting the client on phone and if required visiting the client at his place to collect the data.
- Schedule a meeting with the client, explaining in detail the information required and the relevance of the information towards planning, interview clients on their respective financials. These duties require strong analytical skills and a desire to work with people, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in this people-oriented business.
- Work towards the framework of the plan with the requisite turnaround time. Present the framework to the client, explaining the process and the thought flow behind setting up the plan.
- Once the framework is approved by the client; coordinate with the Research team to suggest the investments to be made to achieve the set goals
- Be associated with the client for any future requirement w.r.t plan implementation, taxation, any financial queries or service issues. The association would be a continuous process to any financial requirement by the client.
- Schedule meetings with clients to make them understand the implementation methodology. Basically where to go and what to do in terms of implementing the suggestions made.
- Maintain dates to schedule review meetings with the client. During reviews; explain the progress of the plan and further course with any corrective steps to be taken.
- Understanding of the financial products in the market is a very essential knowledge base the planner should have.
- Contribute to the overall development of financial planning service at Investwise, in terms of business development, process development and market growth.
- Meet annual key result areas.
- Maintain customer relationship for administrative tasks, customer follow-ups and any customer referral activities.
- Interact with clients over the phone and in-person.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained with respect to all information pertaining to clients and potential clients.
- Contribute in the ongoing growth and development of the company.
- Ensure meetings are not delayed because of time constraints from the planners side. Weekend meetings are a part of this role as sometimes clients are free over weekends only.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Currently the financial planner will be reporting to a Certified Financial Planner.
- The candidate will be nurtured to suit the role by training.
- Training will be on SUBODH - its processes, planning, implementation while being on the job. Initial few discussions with clients will be addressed by the Certified Financial Planner. This is to ensure the Planner understands the profile better.
- Further, the Planner will manage the meetings under the Certified Financial Planner s guidance till he/she becomes well versed with SUBODH and its processes, to handle it independently.
Desired Candidate Profile
Graduate / Post Graduate with a finance background. CFP / AFP certified will add value to the job
Fresher or 1 to 2 years of job experience in related areas with the right attitude will be apt for this role.
- Data interpretation, Presentation skills & good written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and should easily manage both telephone and in-person contacts.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, including ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and email.
- Ability to work independently and also work in a team.
- Willing to learn.
- Travel within the city to meet clients.
UG: B.Com - Commerce, B.B.A / B.M.S - Management
PG:MBA/PGDM - Finance, Marketing, M.Com - Commerce
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
Investwise Pvt Ltd
Investwise Pvt Ltd was set in the year 2007 with the ambition of providing direction to individuals in their pursuit of achieving financial goals. Be it investment planning, retirement planning, wealth creation or taxation, Investwise reaches out to all on all these aspects. The financial planning gamut is provided under the name SUBODH.
Investwise also provides services related to taxation under its registered brand SUPERTAXFILER. Currently, Investwise has tied up with prominent 18 companies and the tax filing service is rendered to about 20,000 people.
This pursuit of achieving financial goals by individuals definitely requires qualified financial planners who are professional and committed to the services rendered.
Financial planning for individuals is set to grow immensely in the coming years in India. With a majority of the population in India being in the middle class segment, all of them would require financial planning services to achieve their life goals at some stage in their life.
Significantly, financial planning is also one of the fastest growing careers in India.
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.