Construction Manager heads the site team functionally and is responsible for leading the site team for civil work and effectively managing all aspects of project execution at site.
CM should have experience of working in GIS substation projects of 132 kv & above.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and review:
- Review proposals and contract requirements and ensure that construction costs are accurately estimated.
- Prepare detailed civil construction plan with milestones corresponding to the project plan and daily, weekly and monthly schedules based on project plan. Update this plan every 3 months, in consultation with the planning engineer.
- Forecast and review manpower and material requirements at site for all civil work.
- Periodically evaluate risk and propose mitigation plans.
- Organize weekly project review meetings with project team, site team and Engineering team (Head Quarter) to understand the design progress, actual project progress in terms of SPI, CPI, EVM etc. and provide appropriate action plans.
- Conduct Weekly/Monthly progress review with subcontractor.
- Participate in Weekly/Monthly progress review with client and CE.
- Coordinate with design department for shop drawing preparation, issue and approval and ensure timely availability of approved drawing. Provide inputs to design department for as built drawing based on changes made to drawing in consultation with CE during execution.
- Supervise and take control of activity at project site and be the go-to person at site in the absence of the PM.
- Conduct required trials and mock ups.
- Ensure proper receipt, inspection, storage, identification, traceability and issue of materials
- Implement appropriate EHS procedures in line with relevant environment, health and safety guidelines. Ensure that subcontractors are following the same.
- Implement Project Quality Management System effectively to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Implement environment and social development plan.
- Implement approved MS to ensure correct procedures are implemented.
- Ensure internal audits and MRM are conducted on time.
- Maintain relevant inspection / testing records approved by customer / consultants
- Address all execution related issues at site, raised by CE.
- Work with subcontractor to mobilize and monitor workforce and address workers concerns proactively.
- Manage and provide direction to the Site Construction Supervisor and other Field Service staff.
- Monitor cost and schedule for all civil work.
- Prepare Joint Measurement Certificate for completed civil work, with client for booking of revenue and with subcontractor for booking of cost.
- Ensure on-time-completion of project.
- Provide designs and detailed civil plans to sub-contractor
- Ensure that sub-contractor has a detailed plan to meet schedule
- Ensure that sub-contractor provides weekly and monthly updates against plan
- Monitor productivity and quality of work done by subcontractors team.
- Ensure little or no variation by subcontractor
- Monitor material and manpower budget for civil work and related cost so as to remain profitable
- Provide suggestions as applicable, to reduce civil cost without compromising on quality.
- Achieve sales target
- Provide inputs for invoicing.
Desired Candidate Profile
- BE/BTech/Diploma in Civil Engineering ( college/ course to be approved by ACITE).
- PMP certification/training preferable
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in managing GIS Substation (greenfield) projects/TL projects (as relevant)
- Experience in leading multicultural teams preferable
Project Management skills: Co-ordination, schedule management, procurement and logistics management, mobilization of site, establishing rules and regulations, handling contracts.
Financial management skills : Budget management, Cost Control, revenue management.
People Management: Team management, vendor/ sub-contractor management.
Communication: Ability to communicate with people of all levels in international work environment.
Decision making and Problem solving
Good awareness about new civil engineering technology and methodology.
Ability to innovate and think outside the box
Ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Civil, Diploma - Any Specialization
View Contact Details
Larsen & Toubro Limited
L&T is a major technology, engineering, construction, manufacturing and financial services conglomerate, with global operations. The Company addresses critical needs in key sectors - Hydrocarbon, Infrastructure, Power, Process Industries and Defense - for customers in over 30 countries around the world.
We combine a proven track record and professional skills, woven together with a culture of trust & caring. Consistently rated among the best employers in the country, L&T offers unmatched leadership opportunities & growth. Our approach is built on empowering employees to take on challenging assignments and explore their potential.
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.