- Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of small/medium & large sized projects with limited complexity, directing and counselling project team members, and advising customers/stakeholders as necessary on all phases.
- Maintains effective financial and project progress forecasting, and reports as appropriate.
- Monitors and controls allocated human and material resources, associated revenue costs and all capital costs against the project budget.
- Ensures that a change control procedure is in place, and actively used to assess the effect of changes to the projects on costs, timescale and/or resource needs and reports these to project sponsors.
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and appropriate action taken. Produces appropriate documentation to support these processes.
- Builds and manages a virtual team from various geographies and engages teams/contacts from across Colt as required.
- Demonstrates control of assigned projects against the key parameters of schedule, risk, finance, scope at all times during the project lifecycle
- Ensures all key PM documentation is developed and maintained, including PID, Project Plan, Risk and Issues register, weekly reports, stakeholder reports, Lessons learned etc. The project managed could be part of a larger program managed by a senior project manager or a program manager and the documentation requirements would be customised as per the program requirements
Skills & Experience:-
Proven experience as a Project Manager, conversant with project management techniques and performance controls, and measuring methods
Direct experience of working in a structured project environment
Prior direct experience in successfully delivering projects, and in working in a project environment. Able in working in a project environment where a certain level of agility an fluidity is to be managed
Previous working knowledge of internet and telecommunications networking technologies and related IT systems
Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
Demonstrable business and financial understanding Must have a good understanding of their business, its customers and market drivers
Ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
Good working knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
Sound business case development and approvals skills
Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
Knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme
The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- APM, MSP, PRINCE2 and/or industry recognised programme management qualification
- Excellent operational, programme and presentation skills
- Very good communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent Inter-personnel skills
- Personal drive, highly self-motivated and self-organised
- Excellent Team Player and ability to work in an international team
- Flexibility and creativity
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) will be beneficial