Manage overall billing process; verify that all valid sales orders have been billed correctly coordinate with various parties. Ensure efficient operations of CSOM and Customer Facing technology and automation including Telephony, infrastructure, ERP (GSAP, etc.) and non-ERP/ CAP applications from day-to-day user and business support point of view, responsibility of this job and the CSO System Support Team are not overlap with BAM nor CIM IT Support position.
Position description Accountabilities
1) Implements changes based on the Change Management Process (Retrofit) provided via the monthly Change Management Packs
2) Support internal and external Financial and business audits
3) Manage day-to-day IT applications and systems in CSO and Customer Facing applications for the collocated MASP groups across Order-to-Cash community for the reference data that need to be managed by the Business (e.g. updating IVRs, Phone numbers, CIM skills, service hours)
4) Serve as first line support for any IT related issues that CSO and wider Customer Facing MASP groups encounter for Customer Facing Tools. Act as first line trouble shooting/ root cause analysts and resolution owner for minor IT issues (e.g. Headsets, CIM Phones, SAP CRM, etc.), prior to escalation to BAM/ EDS
5) Manage IT support service End User coverage availability in accordance with business defined service level. This includes being 'on call' during out of hours periods
6) Administer SAP CRM Workflow maintenance for all users. Ensuring user details (recipient of the workflow/ Business data) are set up and maintained in SAP CRM workflow responsibility table in GSAP, based upon input from local Operations and CSA. Create, add and amend responsibilities where required
7) Ensure appropriate and cost effective use of IT stock and resources for CSC matters.
8) Participate in system implementations, upgrades and retrofits in line with the Customer Facing Deployment Model, Streamline and CSR methodology (e.g. input into BRTs, Confirmation Acceptance Testing (CAT), Proof of Concept Testing, Application Performance Testing, and Acceptance Testing etc.) Coordinate the overall testing and training of the Testers in conjunction with the CSDM
9) Manage day-to-day relationship with BAM Organisation, Outsourcing partners of application support activities
10) Be focal point for BAM to advise any system down time and communicate to the impacted parties including follow up with BAM and keep the users informed. Where there is major impact to Operations escalate as appropriate
11) Communicate and educate staff on IT control weakness, and build plan to reduce exposure of risk to the business and reduce overall system risk
12) Acts as BCP Focal Point for the BCP response to the contingency with the CIM IT Team, CSO Systems Support Manager, Super Centre Manager
19) Ensures that the Incident reporting procedures are adhered to, including use of the incident report database
13) Involved in crisis drills/exercises to test BCP from time to time
14) Conduct BCP awareness training and BCP procedural training for CSC staff
15) Monitor and manage day-to-day billing processes, including automated batch processing and Financial & Business Control requirements in billing area, ensuring all orders have been billed correctly. This includes monitoring of various billing reports e.g. billing error reports, billing block report (for all block reasons except blocked Credit Note) etc. Ensuring Billing Documents created are posted to accounting, identifying and resolving errors
16) Monitor and manage the batch job for the processing of 'Statement of Account' documentation.
17) Ensuring that the billing documents are sent out to correct customers on a timely basis as per the local SLA. This includes the management of the SLAs for MSDS documentation 18) Ensuring Sales Documents are not blocked for Billing, identifying blocked SD Documents and resolving billing blocks (this may involve hand-off to another team, for example Order Taker, to resolve Billing Block)
Position description Dimensions:
Geographies / business covered - India - All DS GC businesses operating in countries including Retail No of Customers -1600; Average Billing Documents to be handled in a month - 5000
Position description Special Challenges
Work with appropriate service providers (CIM IT Team and BAM) to ensure minimal system downtime, smooth Operations of CSO and all MASP functions using CSOM and Customer Facing System
Ensure robust Contingency Plans is in place, Tested and Invoked in timely manners to minimise impact on customers and Businesses
Ability to work cross-business
Require making decisions promptly and independently while being consistent with organizational values
Must be able to prioritize and manage own time effectively during busy periods
Desired Candidate Profile
Experience Qualifications required
1) Have an intimate knowledge of the customers' business
2) Understand/working knowledge of Customer Service Operating Model
3) Full knowledge of IT applications within your scope of responsibility
4) Full knowledge of Group policies and standards
5) Has experience in Customer Service and or Industry
6) IT software familiarity (Microsoft and Internet)
No. of Positions
UG: Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
Shell India Markets Private Limited
The aim of the Shell Business Operations, Chennai is to provide the Group with operational excellence through highlighting and utilizing process improvements and functional efficiencies as well as by leveraging economies of scale. Currently, the Chennai centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell operating companies across several business sectors globally.
Set up in September 2007, the Chennai centre has grown rapidly and now , in its fourth year of operations , it has crossed the 1600 staff mark. The centre is located in the RMZ Millennia Business Park, where the Shell campus is a LEED Platinum building with world class infrastructure. The business is expected to grow further over the next two years and infrastructural additions to support this have been planned.
The main focus in Chennai is on Finance Operations which supports delivery of the global Finance functional plan. There is also a 'Downstream India' - Customer Services Team that handles lubricant depot ordering within the country. The Shell Business Operations (SBO Team) manages the centre facilities and supports business partners' operations on site. There is a strong focus at SBO on safety & well being of staff and on its three core values: Compliance, Intervention & Respect.
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.