An exceptional opportunity has arisen at OpenText for an experienced Corporate Lawyer to join the OpenTexts in-house legal team based in Hyderabad, India.
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel (APAC) based in Sydney, the Corporate Lawyer will responsible for supporting OpenText operations across India and South East Asia, with opportunities to support matters across the entire APAC region.
The position will be primarily responsible for include, but are not limited to:
- corporate governance and company secretarial activities;
- providing legal support for OpenTexts M&A, corporate reorganisations/restructuring activities;
- providing specialised legal advice and assistance for employment and workplace relations matters including statutory benefits, human resources occupational health and safety policies and procedures, subcontracting, performance management, termination, confidentiality and post-employment restrictions and anti-discrimination matters;
- providing training to employees and managers as/when necessary on topics of interest;
- law related topics (such as code of conduct, performance management, termination, workplace harassment).
- managing external legal counsel and vendor engagements; and
- monitoring changes in laws and regulations
In addition to the primary responsibilities, the corporate lawyer may from time to time provide legal support for commercial transactions. Required Skills / Experience
- You will be an Indian qualified lawyer with a minimum of 8 years of post-qualification blended experience gained from working in a law firm and/or in-house within a multi-national corporate environment. Experience working with a North American multinational corporation is a bonus.
- You will have strong knowledge of Indian employment law (both federal and state level) and company secretarial experience in a corporate environment.
- You will be member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India and, if requested, willing to be appointed as the company secretary. No additional compensation will be paid in relation to such appointment other than ordinary remuneration.
- You will have previous experience of conducting cross-jurisdictional corporate transactions and be very aware of the cultural nuances when doing business in APAC.
- You will be enthusiastic, hardworking, enjoy working in a team environment and confident working at a senior level with lawyers and other professional colleagues.
- You must have the ability to work autonomously as you will be only representative of the Global Legal Team based in India;
- The ability to build positive working relationships and putting yourself in the shoes of those you are advising, to understand the complexities of a multi-faceted professional services business, are important parts of the role.
- The ability to communicate clearly, solve problems and provide commercially focussed advice to senior fellow professionals is essential.
- You will enjoy working as part of a team on a range of significant matters, in the Asia Pacific region, managing external advisers, and actively contributing to strategic decision making, analysis of risk and exposure.
- You will also be responsible for your own case load, attend and conduct negotiations with business partners.
- You will gain an understanding of the business and advise OpenText and staff on mitigating risk arising across the practice.
- You must be fluent in both English to successful in this position.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
/ Software Services
Functional Area: Legal
, Intellectual Property
Role Category: Other
Role: Legal Manager
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time