Data Architect job opportunity for a professional holding more than 5 years of experience in data infrastructure. You will use you skills in data modelling, SQL, Oracle server, SAS and Hadoop for design, testing, and implementation of new data assets.
Your Employer - A leading, global firm with a distinguished clientele providing extensive financial and asset management services.
- Facilitate use case & requirements definition, design, testing, and implementation of new data assets and analytic capabilities that address specific business needs
- Enable the management of data as a corporate asset: define data (metadata), identify systems of record and authoritative sources, create data quality rules, define security requirements, create data flow diagrams, and administer firm-wide principles, standards, and controls
- Create conceptual & logical models to describe a particular domain of data and use these models to inform the physical design of data-related projects
- Develop strategic roadmaps for the customer data domain that describe a sequence of projects to improve management and utility of the data for the business
- Identify areas for efficiency across data domains, such as the elimination of duplicate data or platforms
- Profile, wrangle, and prepare data from diverse sources to support analytical efforts
- Write data transformation logic in languages such as Python, SAS, Spark, or Scala.
What is in Store for you?
- Educational background in Computer Science, MIS, Software Engineering, or a related discipline Bachelors degree or equivalent in Statistics, modeling or data Analytics.
- 5+ years of experience as a lead or key participant on data infrastructure related efforts
- Hands On experience in data quality check, data modelling, ETL.
- Knowledge of version control tools and processes (e.g. Subversion, Git)
- Technical understanding of common RDBMS systems; (e.g. Teradata, Oracle)
- Understanding of Hadoop-related technologies & their applications
- Hands-on experience with various data modeling techniques and tools
- Excellent command of the SQL language.
An opportunity to define, lead and coordinate the operations of the company.
Liaise extensively with stakeholders.
An opportunity to work with a blue chip firm in a high visibility role as a part of the leadership team.
If you think this role is aligned with your career, kindly write me an email along with your updated CV on email@example.com or call me on 9915103515 for a confidential discussion on the role.