PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Cloud Platform [SAP CP| https://cloudplatform.sap.com] based on Cloud Foundry is an Open, Industry Standard Platform-as-a-Service offering from SAP. At SAP, it is a business technology platform of choice to extend, integrate and build innovative cloud applications. SAP Cloud Platform helps drive the digital transformation with multi-cloud architecture option and offers a simple, robust and flexible cloud native enterprise platform to build, deploy and manage innovative business applications.
Cloud Platform Core forms the foundation of SAP Cloud Platform, providing key capabilities and services around platform core components[like Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes], extension factory, commercial infrastructure services, platform services, data management services etc
As an integral member of the SAP Cloud Platform Core Unit in Bangalore, India, you will be contributing to development in one of the following areas:
- Data Management Services for Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes Environments - Both SAP Managed and Cloud Provider based data management services
- Kubernetes as a Service - Multi-Cloud Kubernetes Cluster as a Service
- Kernel Services - Enable the development of SAP CP Kernel Services - technical services used by all SAP cloud solutions to make the Intelligent Enterprise a reality for our customers
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Demonstrate excellent quality, design, development and delivery skills in scrum teams working in short development and release cycles.
- Use and extend Open Source frameworks heavily and contribute to them, as well.
- Work with geographically distributed teams seamlessly
- Building upon domain knowledge in the area of application and service development in cloud and also in the technical/proprietary skills to reach levels of expertise
- Having a logical approach to problem solving and have the ability to respond to detailed queries
- Working as a fully contributing team member with independent planning & execution responsibilities
- Site reliability engineering for the Service that your team is responsible for
- Influence product requirements & operational plans. Instill best practices for development and champion their adoption
- Mentor junior engineers on software design, coding practices and TDD strategies and form a holistic mentoring. Instill best practices - Cloud Native Development, Live Site First etc - for development and champion their adoption
- Contribute to development with the team members and in code reviews, design reviews, and architecture discussions
- Drive discussions to improve product across teams where ever there are inter-dependencies across topics
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Passion towards adopting and contributing to open source
- Ability to work with the team in the design and development aspects for the product
- Working know-how of designing and building applications and extensions in the cloud on well-known PaaS offerings in the market
- Substantial experience in building and designing software components
- Deep understanding of building scalable Web Applications/Cloud Services using cutting edge Web Technologies (JQuery, Server Side JS, REST, OData)
- Sound knowledge in Object Oriented Programming Principles, Design Patterns, Software Architecture
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Goal-oriented team worker with good communication skills. Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work independently, and eagerness to learn and explore new topics
- Prior experience in working with Agile software methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Languages - Java, NodeJS, Golang
- Scripting Languages - Chef, Python, Shell Scripting
- Storage & Databases - Swift, S3, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Messaging - RabbitMQ
- PaaS & Container Orchestration - Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes
- IaaS - AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack
Required Candidate profile
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/WORK EXPERIENCE
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology, majoring in Computer Science, from a premiere institute, with excellent academic records.
- Sound understanding cloud native development and architecture
- 2-7 years of relevant experience in software development.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Programming & Design
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Computers
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) - Computers, MCA - Computers, M.Tech - Computers
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
SAP Labs India Pvt. Ltd.
SAP India is a part of SAP Asia Pacific and is responsible for the sales of SAP solutions, implementation, post-implementation support, and training and certification of customers and partners. SAP India's mission is to enable companies to access the global market by offering them a wide rage of Web-enabled solutions.
For more than five years, SAP India has been delivering solutions to hundreds of successful companies. Today, SAP India is one of the fastest growing SAP subsidiaries with more than 200 customers using mySAP.com solutions. Headquartered in Bangalore, SAP India has offices in Mumbai and Delhi.
Contact Company:SAP Labs India Pvt. Ltd.