Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
DEVOPS LINUX ENGINEER
SAP is seeking a DevOps Linux Engineer to join HCM Cloud Platform Services Team. Based out Bangalore, You will have an integral part in the operations of products and services into our 10 Global Production Data centres and ensuring superior service delivery to our customers.
The person applying for this role is expected to have perform leadership activities, lead and Guide the teams which do production operations support. The Candidate would focus on the needs to develop, document, integrate, and implement new cloud technologies and custom solutions with a focus on performance monitoring. The person applying for this position is expected to have a good expertise in understanding Infrastructure as a code, automation and Orchestrion technologies
You must lead to troubleshoot technical issues related to all aspects of the infrastructure (Network, Storage, OS,F5, Apache web server, Java/Ruby applications, and database skills are a plus. Candidate must have an interest in automating repeatable processes and offer training and documentation to the team and other supporting departments. This individual will be expected to proactively analyse our environments (for risks to stability, performance, & capacity), and provide recommendations to meet current and future growth. They must be able to work in a fast paced, high demanding environment, and be team oriented.
* Maintain health of cloud-based production environments through monitoring and typical daily administration duties.
* Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration
* Experience deploying web and service-based applications in Windows/Linux environments
* Respond to performance issues identified by alerting and other reported incidents.
* Automate operational activities and tasks.
* Complete project work as assigned and contribute to the technical direction of various objectives; your ideas will be valued.
* Familiarity with monitoring requirements and building dashboards
* Configuration Management/Automation
* Familiar with best practices for infrastructure security, reliability, and fault tolerance
* Clear communication of complex concepts and troubleshooting steps is required
* Hardening Linux operation systems and closing security vulnerability on Internet facing servers
* CDN's, DNS, web servers, and other supporting Internet services
Required Candidate profile
Required Academic and Relevant Experience
* B.E./B.Tech/MTech Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
* 5-9 years of IT experience
* Experience with monitoring tools, such as Zabbix, Prometheus, etc.
* Prior work with Cloud Service providers such as AWS and Azure
* Extensive Experience in Terraform and Ansible is critical
* Experience with Ansible, Python, Perl, and Bash scripting
* 2+ years experience with production Kubernetes environments & Docker Containerization
* Experience with automation tools (such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Terraform).
* Linux experience on a public cloud environment
* Ability to troubleshoot Infrastructure issues on public cloud environment and suggest solution.
* Basic Storage knowledge
* Solid hands on experience with Azure cloud technologies.
* Expert level infrastructure technical skills. (Linux and Windows technologies).
* Solid TCP/IP networking experience and understanding
* Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
* Attend and resolve incidents and Service Requests
* Proactively involve and guide P1/P2 incident calls.
* Attend management meetings on behalf of team.
* Working outside the standard office 9 hours workday as required; on-call availability.
* Strong problem-solving skills across the different Infrastructure layers
* Works effectively with a minimal amount of direction
* Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and Global Cross Domain Teams
* Willingness and ability to handle on-call escalations
* Willingness to work in 16*7 environment
* Some travel as required.
TOTAL EXPERIENCE - 5-9 years
WORK LOCATION- Bangalore
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area:IT Software - System Programming
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Electrical, Computers
PG:M.Tech - Computers, Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
SAP Labs India Pvt. Ltd.
SAP India is a part of SAP Asia Pacific and is responsible for the sales of SAP solutions, implementation, post-implementation support, and training and certification of customers and partners. SAP India's mission is to enable companies to access the global market by offering them a wide rage of Web-enabled solutions.
For more than five years, SAP India has been delivering solutions to hundreds of successful companies. Today, SAP India is one of the fastest growing SAP subsidiaries with more than 200 customers using mySAP.com solutions. Headquartered in Bangalore, SAP India has offices in Mumbai and Delhi.
Contact Company:SAP Labs India Pvt. Ltd.