The DevOps Manager role main responsibility will be to coordinate, control and manage the quality and efforts of the web development team to ensure it aligns with the business operation team. This person will report directly to the CTO. The primary focus of this role is to encourage, teach and enforce strict adherence to key development processes that directly impact the efficiency, stability and scalability of our systems. This individual should be very familiar with version control, particularly regarding the Git process and managing development teams and projects efficiently as well as the quality assurance process. This person will oversee estimating the level of effort required on all tasks included in a development sprint to ensure proper burndown rates, while not sacrificing established processes when time becomes an obstacle. Expect to be a valuable resource during project planning stages, as stakeholders seek guidance on scope and feasibility on project outlines. Proper procedures, policies and documentation will need to be created and followed to produce consistent, high-quality output.
Outside of managing developers and development projects, this individual must take initiative to troubleshoot and resolve any system bugs permanently without compromising system integrity. They must promote a positive and productive work environment throughout all teams that encourages collaboration and timely results. The ideal candidate will have experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps/VSTS, Git version control, .NET, PHP, Quality Assurance processes, and be able to demonstrate clear and intentional communication skills.
This role ultimately revolves around outstanding communication on many different levels and includes, but is not limited to the following duties & responsibilities:
- Collaborate with our Business Analyst in clearing points of confusion, project scope, identifying short falls of Business Requirement Documents (BRD)
- Lead new hire training & onboarding
- Enable continuing education initiatives
- Identify and initiate strategic coaching opportunities boosting team performance and energy
- Establish proper development process documentation
- Version control system oversight and understanding (Git)
- Lead and document release processes, ensuring project overlap does not compromise the user experience across control panels and integrations
- Oversee and instruct the team on adherence to the Git process
- Manage, encourage, and promote success in .NET, PHP, Front End Developer, and QA teams
- Help establish and support proper QA processes to successfully deliver functional products
- Be an advocate for security and performance standards in the organization
- Maintain accurate project estimates, timelines, plans, and status reports
- Regular 1:1 meetings with teams, individuals, and the operations team
- Anticipate and manage a technology advancements and map them to business solutions
- Manage and maintain up-to-date documentation
- Understand and maintain our API
- Code as needed
- Absolutely fluent and confident in spoken & written English
- Superior communication skills
- DevOps Manager or related experience with applicable responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical processes and tools
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and achieve milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Have a solid foundation with the following development languages and programs: .NET, SQL, MYSQL, C#, Jquery, Java Script, NVC, ASP, Git
- o A specialty in .NET, NVC, and GIT are more valuable.
- Various DevOps certifications are a plus but not required
What we can offer you :
- Best package in the industry
- Great technical guidance to expand your career/professional knowledge
- Very friendly environment.
- Our timings are 9.30-6.30 - Monday to Friday
E-mail your questions or submit a resume to email@example.com
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.