As a Director of Director, Govt relations and University/Industry Outreach, you will focus on strengthening relationships with key government agencies and relevant organizations. You will craft strategic public policy direction for the region and guide the company's interactions with state and local governments. You will combine creativity and intellectual diligence with the organizational skills to manage campaigns, to conceptualize and develop IPR strategy and implementation.
Micron India plays a meaningful role in strengthening Micron's golbal footprint and as Director of Govt Affairs you will report to INDIA COUNTRY LEAD and work closely with him to lead the company's engagement with government officials and industry forums like NASSCOM, CII etc.
- Set Company's public policy objectives; identify and forecast forthcoming policy issues and trends that are of importance to Micron
- Establish, implement, and communicate positions with local government affairs, policy-makers, trade associations and the technology industry to craft a coherent strategy on issues that cut across states.
- Manage issues campaigns that are pertinent to the company's products and services and advocate and lobby on behalf of the company government stakeholders.
- Experienced professional who will develop our University outreach and scholarship strategy, with specific focus on expanding access to talent for Micron.
- Conceptualize and execute CSR (Corporate Social Responsibilities) initiatives to ensure good corporate citizenship.
Required Candidate profile
- Bachelor's degree in Political Science, Government, Public Affairs, a relevant field or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience working on tech policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups, technology industry groups, or corporations.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to analyze, compare and present, international IPR issues, developments in IPR practices in different jurisdictions of the world and WTO
- Experience in interactions with industry associations like CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM
- Thorough knowledge of competition policy & standards.
Experience in the following is considered a plus:
- Working as an in-house IPR specialist in an MNC OR experience in working with trade associations.
- Knowledge of areas of international trade, privacy, environment & competition
- Analytical skills, including proven ability to prepare reports involving regulatory, policy, and legal issues;
- Experience working with and leading diverse teams and a variety of stakeholders, and in executing strategies to deliver exceptional solutions.
- Ability to work and function effectively in a team environment where roles and responsibilities may not be clearly defined;
- Comfort with significant domestic and international travel required.
- Excellent research and computer skills (MS office, etc.)
- Speakership in conferences; leadership roles with the ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent personal, political, analytical, and communication skills with great attention to detail.
Bachelors in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, Business, Political Science, Public Affairs, Or Public Administration
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area:Top Management
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.A - PR/Advertising
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Micron Technology Operations India LLP
Contact Company:Micron Technology Operations India LLP