Basic Function :
- The Quality Assurance Tester creates and executes test plans for Enterprise Data Management (EDM) projects ensuring solutions work as expected and meet a high standard of reliability.
- This position creates and manages well-defined, plans and executes test plan to identify any potential issues through a combination of manual and automated means. Understands client business requirements and test cases prepared by Lead and can execute those test plans effectively.
Essential Functions :
- Should be able to develop and execute test plans, test cases, test scripts and perform data validation testing using SQL, reports, and/or test management tools. Identifies, manages, and resolves defects during testing cycles leveraging a test management tool (when available). Also, supports or leads UAT process, when appropriate.
- Should be able to develop all testing-related documentation including test plans, test cases, test scripts, etc.
- Supports and maintains test systems used for running test scripts and moving new software, enhancements, and updates to production.
- Should be aware of Quality and Testing related best practices and procedures and adheres to those.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
Primary Internal Interactions :
- Coordinate with QA Lead and participate in recurring meetings
- Collaborate with other team members to review prototypes and develop iterative revisions
Primary External Interactions :
- Working in a technical capacity with Client project personnel as appropriate
Reports To : QA Lead
Supervises : N/A
Technical Skills :
- Ability to convert business and technical documents into testable cases and scenarios.
- Should possess clear concept of Data Warehousing
- Must have strong working knowledge of SQL
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required. Able to communicate business or technical issues clearly to team members and clients.
- Demonstrates ability to organize tasks and time necessary to complete assigned tasks/deliverables on time
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Understands the types of testing required throughout a development implementation.
- Able to work with Lead and come up with solutions with different computing platforms, including different OS and browsers on desktop and mobile devices.
- Produces high-quality results and deliverables that meet client needs.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of and utilizes DSC methodology documents to efficiently complete assigned roles and associated tasks.
- Should be able to independently drafts complete detail documentation (i.e. Design Document, RTM, Test cases, Defect log etc.)
- Demonstrates ability to organize tasks and time necessary to complete assigned tasks/deliverables.
- Demonstrates ability to help/guide team members and able to drive team with minimal support from Lead
- Good to have working knowledge of ETL tools like Informatica Powercenter or SSIS
Process Specific Skills :
- Ability to adapt to a variety of team work environments, as this changes client to client
- Ability to work in a global operating model leveraging offshore
Soft skills (Desired) :
- Experience working with multi-divisional business communities to leverage information across the enterprise to improve business effectiveness
- Strong team building, interpersonal, analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
Soft Skills (Minimum) :
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written/oral communication and presentation/interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Desired Candidate Profile
Education Requirements : Bachelor's degree
Work Experience Requirements :
- 4-7 Years of experience with DW or Data Integration testing
- Experience with test management tools such as JIRA, HPQC and knowledge in automation testing tools such as Selenium, QTP, Qunit and Junit
- Experience in development methodologies and types of testing (e.g. Functional, System Integration, Regression, etc.)
- Strong data and SQL skills required
- Experience in testing of Enterprise Data Management projects preferred
- Knowledge of ETL tools like Informatica, SSIS etc. preferred
- Knowledge of MDM and Data Quality preferred
UG: Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
Huquo Consulting Pvt. Ltd
HuQuo is an HR Analytics and Consulting organization to provide path-breaking HR services by deeply understanding the human quotient of organizations we work with, and to evolve the industry and make it future ready through HR Analytics.
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.