This position is part of Test lab team developing eMobility systems solutions for electrical and hybrid solutions for on- and off-road vehicles. As a member of the Test lab team, you will lead testing of eMobility products by creating test procedures, setup, installation and on-time completion of accurate product testing in accordance with specific test plans as defined by the product engineering function at eMobility engineering divisions globally. You will also drive the installation and commissioning of new test facilities for invertors and high voltage power distributions systems for electric vehicles.
- Operate test facilities - ranging from eMotor dyno (350kW), High voltage (1000V) Battery emulators DC loads and measurement of Power, Voltages, Currents signatures for emobility products
- Support Installation and commissioning of High power electrical test facilities and utilities - HVAC, Electrical panels, Chilled water, cooling water, acoustics systems
- Develop procedures for eMobility products and system testing
- Perform test setups based on specific and standard test processes for electric vehicle Powertrain.
- Lead test request completion according to with minimal down time and timely reporting of observations
- Perform failure analysis and Implement corrective action to test setups as required by established lab procedures or test requests, or when performance falls below acceptable limits
- Communicate test programs with engineering appropriately to clarify purpose of testing and the results of ongoing tests
- Strive to meet test lab performance targets established in Balanced Score Card and ensure ISO compliance
- Troubleshoo elementary product and test rig issues, and performing data analysis required by the product group
- Understand data acquisition systems, hardware and software that are being used for testing
- Fix any issues with test rigs and lab and work with his peer engineer to improve or develop any new methods solving the issues
- Design and build test fixtures. Devise new ways of fixturing parts for better test efficiency.
- Articulate and generate good technical reports based on test observations
- Train and monitor fellow technicians and drive completion of tests in prescribed time frame
- Work with engineers within group to define and perform custom testing as requested by customer
- Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within group and with other groups in facility to ensure a safe working environment and to complete test projects with a high degree of quality and efficiency
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Mechatronics Engineering + 6 years
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering + 8 years experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in relevant hands on experience in Automotive R&D Testing / Analysis / in electrical domain is essential
- Awareness of testing i.e. test rigs, data acquisition, inspection etc dynos, battery emulators, dc loads
- Awareness and experience in following Safety & Quality Management Practice
- Experience on fault identification and propose corrective actions
- Clear understanding about sensors, electronic components of DAQ & control software i.e. LabVIEW etc.
- Past experience in problem solving & continuous improvement through LEAN tool deployment for test equipment utilization and cost savings
- Proven experience in deploying TPM for R&D lab test equipment machinery and experience in ISO 9001:2008, deployment to meet quality objectives
- Awareness in Systems engineering, Requirements Management, Validation, Verification and Certification of Auto / Electrical domain
Preferred / Additional specialized knowledge
- Experience in hybrid / vehicle electrification
- Experience with ISO 26262 and/or ASPICE standards.
- Experience with Systems engineering tools - MATLAB/Simulink tools , IBM Jazz Tools
- Understanding of DFSS tools like FMEA, FMECA, Monte Carlo Analysis etc.
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Diploma - Any Specialization, Electrical
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
Eaton Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Its energy-efficient solutions help customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, safely and sustainably. The company is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton employs 99,000 people worldwide, and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton entered India in 1999 through the global acquisition of Aeroquip Vickers. India today forms a key part of Eaton's overall business strategy with continued expansion of the company's manufacturing, marketing, engineering and services footprint in the country over the last two decades. With 5500+ employees, 7 manufacturing sites, presence in 18 key locations, two decades of proven capabilities and customer engagements, Eaton is uniquely positioned to play a distinct part in India's ongoing growth story. Eaton's India Professional Services Center's spectrum of capabilities from a single integrated facility in Pune is enabling Eaton globally to innovate, continuously enhance efficiencies, make effective decisions, strengthen customer focus and create value and competitive advantage by engaging diverse skill-sets of over 2000 employees. The Eaton India Innovation Center in Pune, with its 1500+ strong engineering workforce is driving cutting-edge R&D projects for all of Eaton's global businesses. Eaton has recently broken ground in Bangalore to build its first Aerospace manufacturing facility in India.
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.