- Manage Electrical team to specify, design, unit test, and support product releases which meet customer needs, cost goals, and schedule.
- Develop skills and improve effectiveness of engineers within the team. Interface with leaders across the organization and establish clear communication channels for new product development & lifecycle management engineering.
- Take ownership when design issues are identified in manufacturing floor or in the field. Use structured Problem Solving Methodologies to determine root cause, develop mitigations and deploy the solutions.
- Encourage innovation in product design and the advancement of DXR technology
- Perform functional management tasks including budgeting, performance appraisal, salary administration, hiring, employee coaching and performance management.
- Manage a hardware team to define, develop, and deploy projects which support the DXR R&D product roadmap. Contributions include architecture, specification, design, and unit test, all in support of product releases which meet customer needs, implementations which satisfy cost goals, and project management activities which deliver projects on-time and on-target
- Develop skills and improve effectiveness of engineers on the team. Ensure communication is occurring both within the team as well as to other engineering functions in the organization.
- Perform various management tasks including budgeting, performance appraisal, salary administration, hiring, and employee coaching and performance management
- Participate in and/or drive Hardware process improvements through Lean methodologies
- Drive Lifecycle management of platform hardware with Operations and Service departments. Work across functional boundaries to formulate strategies or project proposals for DXR business.
- Oversee several project in lifecycle management, including obsolescence, quality improvement, value engineering and compliance projects for managing Platform Lifecycle
- Proven affinity with managing hardware innovation projects in a business environment
- Display strong electrical technology knowledge
- Knows the background of electrical hardware technologies and the current and future trends
- Shows strong content knowledge of the business and ability to translate this to opportunities for the group
- Have a strong business focus
You are a part of
Diagnostic X-Ray R&D team. Philips HIC, Pune is playing a key role in Philips global strategy for DXR. With Philips HIC, the foundation was laid to touch billions of lives and reiterate Philips commitment towards Indian and growth healthcare markets.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering or related discipline; Master's preferred
- 5 years technical and/or people leadership
- Experience in development of Medical Devices in a regulated environment
- Project management experience
- Experience in deploying hardware development methodologies and setting up new development environments
- Experience with Electrical Component Lifecycle and Assurance of Supply
- Knowledge of X-ray clinical applications is desirable
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area: Engineering Design
Role Category: Senior Management
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent