Equity Research - Auto Sector - Investment Bank (5-9 yrs)
Equity Research - Auto Sector
Location : Bangalore
Responsible for :
- Business requirement : deliver on business requirement in an independent manner with very little guidance across all geographies.
- Sector Knowledge : Has a good understanding of the sector and companies within their remit. Should be able to spot key trends that drive investment views on their sector and covered companies and utilises them to generate differential views. Also able to present in-depth research and analysis supporting a hypothesis and understands their commercial impact.
- Financial knowledge : Able to drive forecasts and valuation of the companies under their remit. Builds a financial model of the company independently. Is able to anticipate and reflect changing aspects within their sector and/or companies in the financial models and valuation concepts. Undertakes technical training on financial modeling and valuation for their role. Adapts, further develops and improves existing models. Contributes to financial modeling best practices and shares this with colleagues
- Research communication and reports writing : Communicates research views to internal and external clients and able to consistently apply sound research writing principles to produce independent research. Understands the structure, style and importance of written research reports. Writes research reports which are clear, consistent, and non-consensual and supported by facts and analysis.
- Global Products : Co-ordinate global products from Bangalore as required by global/regional sector heads.
- Ensure compliance : both Global Research and GBM-GSC related with anticipation and proactiveness
- Contribute to department and center level priorities with own initiative
People management :
- Manage team of 3-4 FTEs end to end (Recruitment, retention, motivation, career development etc.) and working as an individual contributor in one of the geography
- Relationship management : Effectively manage relations to improve overall engagement and show pro-activeness in anticipating requests or commercial needs.
- Team output : Responsible for improving the overall quality and quantum of team output. Expected to ensure that necessary peer review/ mentoring/sound-board mechanisms are in place within the team to effect improvement in team output.
- Resource management : Responsible for overall team resource management including hiring new candidates, identifying skill gaps and arranging training programmes to fill the skill gaps.
- Performance Management : Manage the performance measurement system for direct reports, identify training needs for direct reports based on current job and future aspirations. Organize knowledge sharing forums at team and department level. Deliver trainings. Regular meeting with direct reports to increase employee engagement. Facilitate career movements.
Qualifications : MBA Tier 1,Tier 2/CA/CFA level 3 cleared.
- Client knowledge and understanding of equity research business
- Effective oral and written communication
- Mentorship and technical skill development of junior team members
- Influencing and persuasiveness
- Strong technical skills in analyzing Industry/companies, advanced financial modeling, valuation, writing business reports for external/internal use and presenting these to internal clients
- Ability to work independently; comfortable in dealing with ambiguity
- Focus on cost management and reduction on a sustained basis
- Project and change management skills
- Knowledge of statistical/quantitative techniques an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Should have domain expertise in handling a financial role and large client requests
- Should have managed product quality, handled multiple stakeholders, and mentoring experience
Desired Candidate Profile
UG: Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization, MBA/PGDM - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
A Leading Client of Â Aarch Solutions
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.