The Manager of Food & Beverage is responsible for coordinating all phases of group meeting/banquet functions held in the Hotel; coordinate these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning and menu selection.
Solicit local group Food & Beverage business; maintain the services and reputation of the Hotel and act as a management representative to group clients.
Department : F & B Service
Reports To : Operations Manager
Job Location : Apollo Dimora, Trivandrum- Kerala
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
* Managing food and beverage operations
* Inventory Management
- Development and maintenance of all F&B outlet control procedures.
- Handle all Food & Beverage inquiries and ensure timely follow up on the same business day
- To co-ordinate with all large group meeting/banquet planners their specific group requirements with the services & facilities offered. This includes proposals, contracts, estimated and actual function statements. With banquet or conferences, the Chef is to be included in food related discussions
- To confirm all details relative to group functions with meeting/banquet planners
- Supervision of daily paper flow including Proposals, and Function Contracts.
- Attendance and participation at weekly F & B meeting and Department Head meeting.
- Be available to Hotel Staff at all times in case of emergency.
- Must have a complete knowledge of Fire Procedures.
- All other duties as directed by the General Manager or operations Manager.
- Participation in Manager on Duty shifts as required.
- Quality of meeting room set-up.
- Liaise on an on-going basis with the Sales Department to ensure all client needs and requirements will be met.
- Work with the Chef, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage and Food & Beverage Supervisor to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with.
- Meeting with conveners and confirming proper set-up of Function Room at time of Function while on duty.
- Overall maintenance of the operation at a level in keeping with the standards prescribed
- Report any deficiencies in equipment and facilities.
- Gather for large events, oversee for medium/small events, guaranteed attendance numbers. They are required 3 business days in advance of functions.
- Completion of monthly forecast.
- Development and maintenance of department manual.
- Assure food and beverage inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Assure completion of requisitions where deemed necessary.
- Directly responsible for larger group overseeing medium and smaller groups:
- Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services and buffet presentation.
- Assure timely payment of credit bills.
- Assure the ordering and purchasing of food and beverage
- Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labor costs and profitability.
- Timely analysis of Food & Beverage Prices in relation to competition.
- Participation and input towards F&B Marketing activities.
- Competitive analysis every six months by calling competition and gathering data such as banquet kits, room rental rates, etc
- Maintenance of Hotel credit policies.
- Directly responsible for large function billings and overseeing medium/small function billings with particular regard to accuracy and timeliness (48 hours)
- Evaluation forms must accompany all invoices.
- To assist in menu planning and pricing.
* Team management and training
- Ensure a professional attitude and proper business attire when on property, ready to meet or service a client at any time
- Staff professional attitude and proper meeting Company appearance and uniform standards.
- Teamwork-Relations with colleges and management.
- Quality of Food & Beverage services and department phone handling.
- Responsible for staff training and development.
- Ensure all staff have Smart Serve certification.
- Proper hiring procedures followed. For management positions, either the HR Manager or the Asst. General Manager must join the Director of Food & Beverage for all interviews. For line personnel, the Assistant to the Director of Food & Beverage must be present with the Food & Beverage Supervisor.
- Proper termination procedures must be followed.
- Department meeting being held monthly, General Manager, Operations manager and Human Resources Manager to be notified of meetings in a timely fashion
- High employee retention.
- Responsible for overseeing all scheduling within the department.
- Participation towards overall Hotel Maintenance and cleanliness.
* Customer Satisfaction
- Entertainment of potential and existing customers.
- Completion of guest Follow-up calls on a timely basis.
- Preparation of Sales Promotions & Mailings.
- Telemarketing to previous clients to inquire about possible future bookings.
- Ensuring that services meet customer specifications.
- Minimize number of customer complaints
* Educational Qualification
- Post Graduate or Degree or three years Diploma in hotel Management or equivalent.
* Work Experience
- Previous experience in similar Job role or minimum 4 years experience as Assistant Manager. Proven track records.
* Technical Competencies
- A high standard of spoken and written English.
- Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
- Able to work under pressure.
- High Guest Relation Skill
* Behavioral Competencies
- Team work & collaboration
- Good communication Skills
- Shares Samana values
Food & Beverage Manager Assistant Food & Beverage Manager assistant food & beverage assistant manager assistant food & beverage team manager
Desired Candidate Profile
Please refer to the Job description above
UG: Any Graduate - Any Specialization, Diploma - Any Specialization, Hotel Management
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Any Doctorate - Any Specialization
View Contact Details
SAMANA GLOBAL BUSINESS SOLUTIONS LIMITED
SAMANA GLOBAL BUSINESS SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Samana Global Business Solutions Ltd, known as Samana Business Group, is a fast-growing business conglomerate based out of Malappuram in North Kerala with business interests across Hospitality, Agriculture, Healthcare, Retail, Education, Real estate,Power and IT with the core purpose of ensuring the goodness of humanity. Samana invests in myriad business verticals that ensure sturdy returns to our investors and is seeking to hire smart professionals who would be interested in growing along with us
The Brand Dimora
Dimora, an ambitious project by Samana Business Group, was launched as part of their foray into the hospitality industry. Apollo Dimora is the brand name for the chain of Four star business class hotels and sojourns in Kerala and abroad.
The name 'Dimora' is the Italian word for 'home'. The brand logo is a hexagonal design symbolizing the honeycomb structure which is a feat of perfection that not only provides a comfortable stay but also a unique blend of tastes collected from around the world.
The Apollo Dimora has opened its doors for guests with the launch of Trivandrum unit that boasts of an asset value of 2500 million INR. The largest hotel in Trivandrum city in terms of inventory, it houses 135 rooms and has parking space for 160 cars. Apollo Dimora is located adjacent to the KSRTC Bus stand, opposite to the Trivandrum Central Railway station and is less than half an hour from the airport.
Our ambitious overseas project in Riyad ( KSA ), will be inaugurated within two months
The next project in the chain is Apollo Dimora Kozhikode,located close to Kozhikode Cyber & IT Park with 101 rooms, will be launched towards the end of 2019.
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.