Position : 1
Location : Chennai
Experience : 7 to 12 Yrs
The Infrastructure and Operations Engineer will be responsible for leading and coordinating Infrastructure and business projects from a technology perspective, ensuring that infrastructure development activities are consistent with the direction set by best practices and standards at First Data.
The candidate will also be an escalation point of contact for application support issues, and is required to be able to handle challenging issues related to supporting various applications and systems. Participation in an active on-call rotation is vital to maintaining acceptable levels of service delivery for clients.
- Provide support for the efficient resolution of IT infrastructure related incidents, service requests and update service desk management systems accordingly.
- Develop and maintain documentation process of ongoing operations and administration of infrastructure
- Serve as a liaison between infrastructure operations and the vendors to address performance issues or problem analysis and see them through to resolution
- Coordinate performance analysis, recommendations, and improvements within the hosting infrastructure
- Provide mentoring and act as an escalation point for administrators and technicians
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Responsible for responding to application support escalations which involve troubleshooting technical issues and resolving data/configuration issues
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams across disparate groups to resolve client support escalations
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to review software enhancements and provide design feedback
- Collaborate with peers on complex projects as required (e.g. data center modifications, build-out for DR sites, etc.)
- Create/Maintain documentation for operational procedures as required
- Provide after-hours and on-call support for client service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to translate Business/Technical requirements into High level and Low Level Design documents.
- Demonstrated ability to determine and document complex software or system functional specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to Gather requirements in close cooperation with Product and other non-technical staff
- Proven experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues
- Hands on experience in Systems Architecture/ Application Integrations/ Application Support/ Application Deployments.
- Hands on experience in UNIX & shell scripting.
- Proven experience implementing web services and web service interfaces using WSDL, XSD, XML, SOAP/REST frameworks and technologies
- Experience with SDLC, Agile development and Waterfall methodologies
- Proven experience with Software Configuration Managements and DEVOPS tools (GIT, Jenkins, Sonar)
- Strong user/admin experience with Linux/Unix command line
- Strong experience with monitoring systems such as Splunk, App Dynamics.
- Expertise in networking protocols, networking and routing strategies
- Expertise in reviewing, implementing and supporting Enterprise Security solutions including Web Service Security, SSL Mutual Authentication.
- Expertise in Web & Application servers including Websphere Application Server (WAS), JBoss and Apache
- Experience with Cloud technologies IaaS, PaaS, AWS (highly recommended)
- Experience with Mobile Payments (highly recommended)
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Computers, BCA
PG:MCA - Computers, M.Tech - Computers, Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
First Data (NYSE: FDC) is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The company's 22,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world's largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 3,000 transactions per second and $2.4 trillion per year. To learn more about First Data, visit FirstData.com.
First Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.