- Create maps and graphs, using GIS software and data collection equipment.
- Perform research to obtain and expand existing datasets
- Gather and report on GIS data and determine how data sets are best utilized through GIS
- Compile geographic and demographic data from many sources
- Consult with external stakeholders to access censuses, fieldwork, satellite and aerial imagery, and maps
- Compile data for statistics to incorporate into documents and reports
- Build, manipulate, and update databases
- Enter new map data using cartographic principles
- Analyse and model relationships between geographic data sets
- Operate and maintain GIS system hardware, software, and peripherals
- Present information to clients and stakeholders in verbal or written format
- Producing GIS technical documents like proposals and presentations for stakeholders
- Ensuring quality and continuous improvement through innovation, and meeting timelines and benchmarks
- Acting as mentor to junior team members
Desired Candidate Profile
Reporting Manager: SWC - CTO (HQ)
Minimum 6-9 years of experience in the capacity of GIS Expert.
Work Experience as GIS Expert on Command Control/ITMS/SPMS.
- BE/B.Tech with MS/M.Tech or equivalent from recognised college/University
- BE/B.Tech/MCA or equivalent degree from recognised college/University
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
PG:M.Tech - Any Specialization, MS/M.Sc(Science) - Any Specialization, MCA - Computers
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
Larsen & Toubro Limited
L&T is a major technology, engineering, construction, manufacturing and financial services conglomerate, with global operations. The Company addresses critical needs in key sectors - Hydrocarbon, Infrastructure, Power, Process Industries and Defense - for customers in over 30 countries around the world.
We combine a proven track record and professional skills, woven together with a culture of trust & caring. Consistently rated among the best employers in the country, L&T offers unmatched leadership opportunities & growth. Our approach is built on empowering employees to take on challenging assignments and explore their potential.
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.