Position requires development and maintenance of spatial databases, in-depth analysis of spatial data, imagery analysis and interpretation, feature extraction, quality control, quality assurance, and related implementation activities. Position may involve programming and client-facing skills.
- B.S. or higher degree in geography, geology, planning, computer science or a related scientific field with a strong emphasis in GIS. A minimum of 8-years Min experience is required with bachelors degree, or 7 years Min experience required with masters degree. Excellent written and oral communication are required, including the ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical staff.
- The position also requires strong computer skills, knowledge of relational databases, ability to take on multiple projects simultaneously, and a self-starter with the desire and ability to take the lead on assigned tasks.
- Required software experience includes ESRI GIS core products (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox) and preferably experience with ArcSDE, ArcIMS, ArcGIS Server, Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst.
- Desirable software experience includes computer-aided design (CAD) software (AutoCAD, Microstation), GPS platforms, some exposure to programming (Visual Basic, C++, SQL, XML, Java. ASP, ASP.NET).
- Some travel will likely be required, usually local within the region and typically less than 5%.
- Very good knowledge in Working ArcGIS Desktop (versions above 10x) with extensions such as spatial analyst is must.
- Very Good Knowledge in working ArcGIS Server (versions 10x), ArcGIS for portal, ArcGIS online, Rest API and ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight is highly helpful.
- Hands on Experience on GIS Data Creation is an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge and experience on testing all kind of applications.
- Hands on Experience on basemap design and creation of data using ESRI Suite products.
- Hands on Experience on Open source softwares is also an advantage.