As a Global Account Manager, you are responsible for selling NetApp's Products and Professional Services to a few key Global Account Customers. Your ability to penetrate new divisions and organizations within your assigned accounts is essential to your being successful in this role. Cross-functional teams from NetApp's Marketing, Systems Engineering and Product Development functions provide support and tools for you to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals.
The essential responsibilities of the Global Account Manager are to work directly with assigned Global Account Customers to capture sales opportunities; and to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees.
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within partner organizations; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned partner account; develop new selling relationships within assigned partner account; develop new direct selling opportunities.
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with prospects.
- Other members of the sales team may also participate in the sales call to help qualify the opportunity.
- Determine if the customer has a valid business need for NetApp Products and Professional Services.
- Build and strengthen your business relationship with existing accounts; follow-up to ensure all of their post-sales needs are being met.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information.
- Provide, or facilitate training opportunities for your accounts.
- Identify NetApp customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
- Set & Implement strategies to penetrate into assigned global accounts across APAC
- Working effectively with counterparts in the other regions of the world
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer service, business and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel within assigned region up to 40~50%, working closely with District Managers, Sales Representatives, and channel partners. Occasional travel outside of assigned region required.
- A strong understanding of the sales process and Channel Sales.
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
- A thorough understanding of go-to-market strategies including account segmentation, products, marketing strategies, etc.
- Broad exposure to a variety of technologies/concepts in a distributed environment.
- Experience in selling to multiple stakeholders in both various business units and IT
- Experience in selling solutions used by Hyperscalers, DevOps, Workload, Storage, Enterprise Applications and etc.
- Comfortable and experienced in dealing with regional clients at the VP Level and above
Responsibility and Interaction:
- As a seasoned professional with a wide range of experiences, this individual uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
- This individual effectively works with, and influences senior internal personnel within the function, employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.
- Limited management supervision and direction is provided since this individual operates and drives results independently.
The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and strongly influences sales team decisions and initiatives. May also act as a team leader and major decision maker for team projects.
- 8 to 12 years of experience is preferred, ideally in the capacity of a Regional Global Account Manager
- Must be willing to travel up between 40~50% of the time
- Expertise in the media industry or with hyperscalers is desired
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field is required; a Graduate Degree is preferred.
- Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell NetApp products and services is required.
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: IT-Hardware & Networking
Functional Area: Sales
, Business Development
Role Category: Channel Sales
Role: Key Account Manager
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent