Job Description: Chief Technology Officer
Role: CTO Location: Mumbai/ Chennai/Bangalore
Reporting to: Director
SUMMARY: A leading Financial Services Group with presence across Investment Banking, Institutional Broking, Asset Management, Fixed Income and Investment Advisory is seeking to add a Chief Technology officer to their team.
The organization has grown exponentially and is seeking an individual with 14+ years- experience in Information Technology within the Financial Services industry and 7+ years of managerial/strategic experience.
Specific knowledge of Portfolio Management Systems, Trading Tools, Exchange Connectivity, FIX Connectivity, and Order Management Systems along with successful experience with Cyber Security and Cloud Services are desirable.
- In conjunction with the firm's Directors, establish the firm's technical vision and lead all aspects of technological development, including strategic direction and future growth.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control ensuring that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the firm's technological resources are used responsibly.
- Develop and maintain overall framework of IT policies, standards and strategies that will empower business and people to deliver on their commitments to the strategy and budgets
- As part of business continuity plan, ensure that there is no failure in business operations and appropriate DR plans are in place and regularly tested for readiness for unforeseen and unexpected events which can impact the business continuity.
- Will have a pivotal role in supporting the business departments and meeting their needs in a time bound manner
- Set up IT guidelines in structural management for the entire IT infrastructure which involves computers, peripheral devices, and telecommunications, servers, internet and data centers.
- Direct development and execution of a firm-wide cyber security program that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company's information and systems meeting regulatory, governmental, partner, and firm expectations.
- Develop, track, and control annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Ensure that the company's technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all technology related staff.
- Supervise vetting and procurement of all technology related outsourced services.
- Establish Information Technology standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance reviews) and vendors (through service level agreements and ongoing due diligence).
- Establish and foster a mature IT team culture via a policy driven approach with documented and repeatable processes, reward for innovative and repeated success, and a team approach to new initiatives and issue resolution.
- Communicate the company's technology strategy to partners, staff, investors and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Consult with department heads in trading, operations, compliance and with portfolio managers as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work to drive technology goals for the company's trading systems and ensure effective and collaborative processes within trading including continuous improvements of trading and settlement solutions.
- Manage and drive the firm's cloud strategy.
- Manage and drive the firm's data redundancy and technology disaster preparedness policies.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Bachelors/ Masters in Information Technology or a related field
- 14+ years- experience in Information Technology working within the financial services industry
- 14+ years- management and strategic experience in Information Technology, 7 of which are managerial and strategic
- Knowledge of Portfolio Management systems, Exchange connectivity, FIX connectivity, and trading tools desirable alongwith CRM, Publishing systems and assorted software
- First-hand experience with trading tools preferred
- First-hand experience with OMS Implementation preferred
- Production management of Trading Systems, EOD, BOD processes
- Proven track record of cybersecurity oversight and program development
- Keen business acumen and proven executive management abilities base on prior experience.
- Experience managing and directing technical product vendors, Service Level Agreements, and support expectations.
- Experience managing cloud services and solutions.
- Experience managing operating and technical capital budgets - Must have infield certifications, preferably CEH, CISSP, CCNP, CCNA
- Must have hands-on IT experience within the last 5 years (must be capable of providing Tier 3 technical support when needed)
- Must have Infrastructure and/or Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) experience within the last 5 years
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to actively communicate with, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Strong written and oral presentation skills - Passion for technology and cyber security.
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
PG:M.Tech - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.