Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Lead and manage a group of associates within analytical development department of SDC with the objective to develop assigned projects, processes and procedures in line with global technical development strategy and objectives; apply scientific/technical/ GMP and/or quality-related expertise to address complex R&D issues; coach team members; manage operational aspects in lab or plant.
2. People Management Attract and develop associates, retain key talents in group. Prepare and execute individual development plans for associates as appropriate; coach and empower the team to fully utilize the team's potential. Create a culture of empowered and excellence in knowledge exchange and technical depth. Develop, mentor and coach scientific associates helping them grow to their full potential. Provide scientific and technical guidance. Actively drive knowledge exchange. Represent own team in management meetings. Ensure on time fulfillment of all project tasks and responsibilities related to the team. Assess and consolidate resource needs and timelines for project(s). Identify and resolve conflict situations with empathy. Set objectives, evaluate performance and perform development planning discussions with team members; Participate in recruitment process
3. Resource Management Ensure optimal allocation of resources, setting priorities and planning of mid and long term strategic orientation; ensure exchange of know-how within India SDC and other SDCs in the Sandoz network. Facilitate the activities of the team in order to meet dev. targets and timelines and provide support by line function. Ensure effective and efficient collaboration within teams across different SDCs.
4. Financials Supervise and monitor all activities of team members; understand and meet customer needs. Ensure maintenance of infrastructure/equipment and required investments Prepare budget and resource forecast, grant preparation; ensure cost awareness in all projects and/or networks.
5. Work according to appropriate standards as defined in Quality Manual, SOPs, ethical, health, safety, environment (HSE), and information security (ISEC) guidelines; lead initiatives to ensure proactive compliance and continuous improvement; advise team members and ensure all own and team activities are aligned with overall drug development process
6. Supervise project related scientific/technical activities. Critically evaluate results and challenge conclusions made by others. Ensure high quality of team's technical documentation in time. Support dossier compilation through close collaboration with RA department.
7. Write impactful and wide-reaching process-related SOPs or development guidelines and drive their implementation; support generation of registration documents; interact with authorities where appropriate; take a lead role during internal and external audits and inspections.
What you'll bring to the role:
Technical expert studies with PhD and 10 years relevant industrial experience or equivalent technical education and industrial experience and demonstrated experience in working with interdisciplinary Fluent in English (oral and written) Awareness of safety regulations and for safe handling of chemicals and equipment. Thorough understanding of development activities and processes in a specific function and broad scientific and strategic background Profound theoretical and scientific knowledge in the relevant area (e.g. manufacturing, analytical, pharmaceutical) Excellent scientific project management and leadership skills Profound knowledge on relevant regulatory guidelines and very good understanding of regulatory expectations Profound knowledge and experience with laboratory and/or technical tools. Good knowledge of software and computer tools. Excellent presentation skills Excellent knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices Proficient scientific/technical writing skills.