POSITION SUMMARY: Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs of all fitness equipment in Gym 109 and 106. Knowledge of the free weights, pin-loaded and plate-loaded machines, cardiovascular equipment and a variety of exercise accessories.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Must have a strong aptitude for analyzing, assembling, and troubleshooting (mechanical and electrical) gym equipment.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance checks and services on equipment.
- On-site maintenance and repair of fitness equipment in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Repair and replace upholstery when needed.
- Repair and replace equipment parts when needed
- Clean and service equipment on a regular basis. Use disinfectant solutions to ensure equipment is free of bacteria between use by patrons (particularly seats, handles, steps, and pedals).
- Ensure that all equipment is checked constantly for safe operation and tagged visibly clear with a notice when it is unsafe or unserviceable
- Check and align machines and organize/arrange the dumbbells, plates and barbells.
- Reports any Missing/Damaged/Out of Order/Needs Upholstery equipment to the Community Services Supervisor.
- Provide oversight of government furnished property. Conduct daily inventory of all cardiovascular equipment, weight machines - pin-loaded and plate-loaded, free weights and all exercise accessories.
- Maintain parts and tools daily and monthly inventory. Monitor parts orders and requests. Check and inventory part upon receipt.
- Maintain and complete daily checklist for equipment maintenance, parts, and tools.
- Submit daily, weekly, and monthly report to the Community Services Supervisor.
- Assist the Sports & Fitness Staff in executing sporting, special events, and with Armed Forces Entertainment Programs.
- Report any incident/accident immediately to the Community Services Supervisor.
- Perform additional recreational duties as prescribed by the Community Services Supervisor.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED: Hand tools, Computer
In this position there is exposure to physical and working conditions where serious accidents or injuries may occur, exposure to disagreeable noise elements and prolonged high ambient temperatures.
1. Manual lifting over 60 lbs
Education/Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience maintaining and repairing fitness equipment
- Must be able to provide proof of experience and/or certifications (Life Fitness, Precor, Nautilus, etc.).
- Mechanical/Electrical aptitude and experience working with hand tools
- Computer skills - word, spreadsheets, email, and finding/ordering parts online.
2. Must be fluent in both spoken and written English and able to communicate effectively.r