The role will be responsible for managing, streamlining & ensuring operational efficiencies in Legal & Corporate Services function (Pillar 2) in collaboration with the different jurisdictions.
The role holder is accountable for driving the revenue growth of Pillar 2 by ensuring that all work to keep the client entities in good standing are pro-actively completed and delivered; driving accuracy and completeness of all client files from a Legal and Corporate Secretarial (LCS) perspective; and ensuring execution of client legal and corporate secretarial responsibilities globally. Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieve Revenue targets and drive Revenue growth for Pillar 2 & ensure resource optimization across jurisdictions from an LCS perspective to ensure that the budgeted revenue for Pillar 1 is achieved.
- Partner with the Local Management Teams (LMT) to define, measure, evaluate/analyze and manage office performance with respect to LCS and ensure they are aligned with the business plan approved for the office by the Group.
- Oversee the operational functioning of LCS team to ensure all documentation is in order for the client entities. Drive the central review of operational efficiencies and delivery of the LCS services and management of completeness of Pillar 2 compliance to ensure that all client entities are in good standing with respect to LCS work
- Monitor the LCS responsibility in each market and highlight issues on completeness and accuracy which could potentially cause operational risks and taking active measures to resolve them
- Ensure compliance with all necessary laws and regulations for client entities of the respective jurisdictions. Define, implement and manage policies & process related to LCS.
- Leverage and build client and stakeholder relationships.
- Achieve the budgeted revenue growth for Pillar 2 and ensure performance of the team are aligned with the approved revenue/ chargeability targets for Pillar 2. Lead by example in terms of achieving individual targets.
- Working with a team of Pillar 2 specialists, act as the single point of contact for all operational matters with respect to LCS work
- Efficient, accurate and timely execution of LCS work for the offices globally and deliver quality and timely work to the offices
- Lead, mentor and manage staff and resources to achieve team goals. Manage performance of all team members under their supervision and ensure that people working with them are competent in delivering results.
- Provide assistance to team members and liaise with other teams on client related issues. Interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements in the team.
- Support jurisdictions through real time evaluation and solutions to improve operational efficiency and business results from a LCS/Pillar 2 perspective.
Required Candidate profile
- Lawyer with minimum of 15 years post-qualification experience (PQE) gained ideally in corporate law, with experience in the Legal and Corporate Secretarial function
- Result and revenue driven with a strong client focus. Previous experience working in a multi-national environment and international clients will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise, credibility and effective partnering with intermediaries, clients and colleagues to identify, evaluate and resolve complex issues. Well-informed about current legal issues, regulations, investments, tax and legal developments.
- Excellent English communication skills a MUST and any additional language will be a definite plus to engage with International clients/partners.
- Exhibit excellent leadership, social & interpersonal skills; a positive can-do attitude and creativity. Solution focus with strong judgment, problem solving skills.
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure in a dynamic business environment.
- Demonstrates personal accountability for delivering quality and timely work collaborating with a team of specialists. Possesses high levels of self-awareness, cultural sensitivity, and organizational knowledge. Able to anticipate and adapt quickly to changing organizational and business needs
- Able to effectively identify, collect, organize and accurately document data and/or information in ways that make it more useful for subsequent assessment, analysis and investigation and resolution.
- Ability to make timely decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk, without sacrificing quality even under ambiguous circumstance
- Must be willing to travel.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area: Legal
, Intellectual Property
Role Category: Other
Role: Legal Manager
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent