- Managing Red Hat Enterprise Servers
- Manage all external/internal applications inclusive to DNS, LDAP, NIS, SAMBA,
- Apache, MySQL, PHP, Oracle
- To do all the supporting tasks that are included, but not limited to code deployment,
- managing source control systems, Physical/Virtual servers, scripting, etc.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource
- Optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required and ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Involvement in developing and overseeing the backup, replication, clustering and fail over strategies
- Involvement in writing and modifying scripts for application deployments as well as system monitoring
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- You need to work with cloud vendors to assess workloads and governance models.
- Choose and design the right infrastructure and understand vendor setups, data centers, etc.
- You will be responsible for the scale-in/scale-out infrastructure decisions based on business application usage.
- Decide service levels on available infrastructure by cloud provider and automation for patching and other routine jobs.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Microsoft SQL Server/MySQL/Oracle server software and related products.
- Maintenance and monitoring of Databases (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL etc...)
- Do general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams.
- Monitoring & checking the Database backup & recovery process
- Deployment of strong disaster recovery plans as per SLA.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- ITIL based service delivery for Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Capacity Management, Configuration Management
- Commissioning and Decommissioning - Responsible for all aspects of standing up a server in a new or existing environment, as well as removing systems from an environment at the end of service life. This includes working independently or with other technology groups to meet project milestones and customer requirements.
- Experience with open stack is an added advantage
- Experience with Ansible and YAML syntax
- Experience with Nagios / Icinga system monitoring software
- Red Hat certification is added advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams both verbally and in writing. Skill in writing concise, understandable, technical documentation is necessary.
- Flexibility in work hours as well as ability to handle shifting priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is necessary.
- Effectively communicates technical actions, ensures audience understands why/what/when work will be accomplished
- Lead and completes tasks independently, with attention to detail and while under pressure
- Excellent judgment, problem resolution, and decision-making skills as well as the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
- Assists with procurement of hardware, software, and services. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Provides ongoing information to leadership, customers, and peers regarding health of the environment, enhancements, and innovations.
- Maintain proper documentation for future usage.
- 6-12 yrs of experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise environment.
Salary: INR 8,00,000 - 18,00,000 PA.
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
First American (India) Pvt Ltd
Contact Company:First American (India) Pvt Ltd