PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Global Cloud Services (GCS) is responsible for running SAP s backend technology including operations of state-of-the-art data centers and the technical platforms as integral part and foundation for all SAP Cloud solutions and services around the globe. We provide these shared services for SAP s external Cloud Business and for SAP s internal infrastructure such as development, training, or demo landscapes.
GCS Customer Interaction Center is the customer face of GCS providing a central, first point of contact for our Cloud Infrastructure Services Customers. We ensure the end-to-end coordination of the resolution of incidents, root-cause-analysis, service requests and any other inquiries on behalf of our GCS customers. The Major Incident Management runs globally in a follow the sun shift model 24*7. We take care of incident escalation management to ensure fastest possible restoration in case of service down or degradation.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As Manager on Duty you are the owner of the Major Incident Engagement. You will work as the responsible to run infrastructure service restoration activities. The following tasks will belong to your daily work:
- Own the Major Incident Management Escalation & Process from start to finish
- Act as Incident Escalation Manager as part of the Global Incident escalation model
- Take all required actions to restore broken or degraded services in minimum amount of time, i.e. involve all required teams, technicians, supporters as well as decision makers (as needed), and manage those ad-hoc assembled teams to achieve single target
- Constantly, assess the situation, ask the right questions and trigger activities, people, teams and resources as required
- Act as single point of contact for all stakeholders involved in the restoration effort and closely align with Incident escalations managers from cloud delivery units and consumers of the Infrastructure and Platform Service
- Stay focused amidst crisis and manage potential concerns on the consumer side.
- Accountable for communication and technical information roll out to GCS leadership, Mission Critical Center, and stakeholders during and after an incident
- Orchestrate the daily Regional Operations Meeting and follow up with stakeholders, on action and informational items, during and afterwards
- Identify operational and process risks with regard to operational continuity, and drive continuous improvements
- Lead focused tasks and initiatives, where multiple teams are involved, around service quality and risk issues
- Interact with Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
- Screen, check and approve high risk changes, emergency changes and change extensions
- Have an organizational and functional process oversight
Rotational weekend and/or holiday coverage as required with compensation for time in accordance with local policies.
Required Candidate profile
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience with cloud infrastructures, services and platforms
- Able to consume technical concepts
- Quick and motivated learner
- Stays focused in critical situations - ability to sail the ship in the storm
- Manage complex and highly situational cases
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clear, assertive, and organized communication and leadership skills
- Be able to confidently communicate
- Fluent in English
Preferred skills :
- Has experience working in Global/multi-cultural environments
- ITIL certification a plus
- Agile/Scrum leadership experience a plus
- 10 years professional experience, out of which minimum 5 years in IT Infrastructure, Cloud or Service functions
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
SAP India Pvt.Ltd
SAP India is a part of SAP Asia Pacific and is responsible for the sales of SAP solutions, implementation, post-implementation support, and training and certification of customers and partners. SAP India's mission is to enable companies to access the global market by offering them a wide rage of Web-enabled solutions.
For more than five years, SAP India has been delivering solutions to hundreds of successful companies. Today, SAP India is one of the fastest growing SAP subsidiaries with more than 200 customers using mySAP.com solutions. Headquartered in Bangalore, SAP India has offices in Mumbai and Delhi.
Contact Company:SAP India Pvt.Ltd