We are changing the way Micron Technology Inc. thinks about IT Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) and are looking for an experienced Linux System Manager who will help with the transformation of IT Operations at Micron. As an IT Linux System Manager at Micron, you will be part of a dynamic group of Administrators who are directly responsible for Linux production systems and solutions across our compute landscape.
This position is located in Hyderabad, India working in a fast-paced, iterative environment that also affords the stability of a global, established and competitive technology company.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INTERNAL CANDIDATES WITHIN THE IT ORG WILL NOT NEED TO SEEK SUPERVISOR APPROVAL TO INTERVIEW FOR THIS ROLE.
Responsibilities and Tasks
You will regularly work with Micron's Business Units to ensure solutions meet or exceed business requirements. In this role you will be expected to suggest, promote, and leverage published standards to minimize environment complexity and ensure regulatory as well as license compliance.
- Provide technical direction and escalation for technologies maintained within the Unix/Linux compute space
- Maintain global collaboration with the other Micron IT operations teams, both internal and external to I&O
- SOX compliance
- Drive innovation and automation of computer solutions both internally and for our customers
- Use scripting languages and tools to automate tasks, system builds, and change management (Ansible, puppet, shell, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Monitor overall health of the Unix/Linux environment with an emphasis on proactive discovery of potential issues
- Contribute as necessary to IT project execution
- Develop kickstarts for deployment into production environment
- Continually work to improve Linux compute environment.
- Propose and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of systems
- You will also have the opportunity to travel to other Micron sites as well as industry conferences and training.
- Collaborate with IT Operations Manager to continually improve operations through routine monitoring of system performance metrics, review of system log files, trend analysis, configuration, incident and problem management processes
- Provide recommendations to and collaborate with the Engineering and Architecture group on system or architectural changes when needed to improve performance, support growth, or incorporate new technologies
- Ensure architectural consistency and provide technical direction through use of the roadmap process, knowledge management, disaster recovery plan development and testing
Required Candidate profile
Qualifications / Experience
- At least 3 years managing enterprise Unix/Linux solutions, preferably large scale
- Strong scripting skills (Ansible, Shell, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and experience supporting RHEL 6 & 7
- Proficient with LDAP configuration and management
- Knowledge of SOX security requirements
- Strong understanding of the OSI model
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Strong drive for continuous improvement
- In-depth knowledge of Redhat Kickstart and configuration management tools (puppet, Ansible preferred)
- Experience with Redhat Satellite server a plus
- Ansible Tower experience preferred
- Proven skills in automating systems services and tasks to streamline service and ensure consistency
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal)
- Strong skills in decision-making, prioritization and negotiation
- Passion and accountability for the environment you will be responsible for
B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, other technical disciplines or equivalent work experience.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Computers
PG:M.Tech - Computers
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Micron Technology Operations India LLP
Contact Company:Micron Technology Operations India LLP