Purpose of the Job
Provide optimum tax solutions for the Business and ensure compliance of indirect tax laws, and handle tax planning and tax litigations for Coimbatore works.
Network & Links
Communication & Interfaces - Responsible for Internal communication within Taxation Group with Sector and Country Tax Organisation.
Also responsible for external communication with tax consultants, Indirect tax authorities, Auditors.
Degree of communication: Extensive internal and external communication .
Knowledge & Experience
Professional knowledge of Indian Indirect Tax Laws - Continuous updation
Qualification: Post graduation in Commerce. CA / ICWA will be preferred.
Five to eight total experience in the handling Indirect taxation. Out of that Three to five years of experience in the capacity of heading indirect taxation for a unit in industrial environment, preferably with Manufacturing and EPC background
Ensure timely statutory compliances of Indirect Taxation, protect the company from exposure to any risk of penalty, interest. Provide, in line with overall tax policy and optimum tax solutions to the business at the time of project planning and project execution, within the framework of Indian Tax laws. Identify & manage tax rebates and tax incentives, obtain and close export benefits of Advance Licenses and EPCG.
Key performance Indicators: Meeting the deadlines; Queries from Indirect Tax Authorities; Audit Queries, Identifying & Claiming Tax Rebates, Benefits and/or Incentives, Timely advice in consultation with country Tax Dept.
- Support production, project and supply chain teams for Taxation solutions based on need
- Establish and monitor procedures and processes in Coimbatore to comply with Indian Tax Laws
- Collect from business documentation for claiming tax rebates, benefits, incentives, duty drawbacks. Coordinate with Tax Authorities for timely refunds. closure
- Registration with tax authorities as required under various indirect tax laws
- Compilation and Submission of periodical returns to Tax authorities.
- Manage audit by tax authorities; Assessments. Handle tax litigations. Coordinate with external consultants w.r.t. tax assessments and litigations.
- Keep track of updates in Tax Laws and define the systems/procedures to meet the requirements
- Submission of tax schedules to FD, Country Finance and Country Tax Head and interaction with auditors. Assist in Audits by external/statutory/government auditors
- Pro-actively interact with Sourcing, Supply chain, logistics departments and CHAs for ensuring compliance, tax and cost optimisation in Procurement processes.
- Pro-actively interact with Project Management and Controlling functions for ensuring compliance, and tax cost optimisation.
- Conduct training and awareness sessions to business for ensuring tax compliance.
- Periodically report critical issues w.r.t taxation.Knowledge & ExperienceProfessional knowledge of Indian Indirect Tax Laws - Continuous updation
- Qualification: Post graduation in Commerce. CA / ICWA will be preferred.8-10years total experience in the handling Indirect taxation. Out of that Three to five years of experience in the capacity of heading indirect taxation for a unit in industrial environment, preferably with Manufacturing and EPC background
- Location - Coimbatore
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.