Primary responsibility of this role is to design mechanical packaging of power distribution , power electronics components to meet specific technical requirements by satisfying cost and timeline requirement for eMobility applications. Lead in defining engineering approach including planning and scheduling. Provide technical direction, mentoring to team members of engineering group. Interface with internal customers to conceive, develop, execute and communicate plans.
- Develop mechanical packaging for Power electronics and power distribution components/system based upon a broad technical knowledge and awareness of customer needs in Region and Global.
- Design & Develop Components/housings for High pressure & Low pressure Die casting and Injection molded manufacturing processes. Components/Systems DFMA must.
- Provide engineering leadership for preparation of global technology and product roadmaps based on market and technology trends.
- Build and maintain relationships with global Power distribution and power electronics teams, customers, suppliers, and other functional groups
- Mentor, organize, lead, and champion projects leveraging CoE and Product engineering resources
- Capturing customer voice, Planning milestones, Executing milestones, Conducting technical and project Reviews, Communication and On job development through technical mentoring to project team
- Utilize DFSS concepts / tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
- Creates, and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group
- Drives PRO-Launch execution for NPI programs with work package approvals, engineering management plan and attaining all engineering deliverables per activity matrix
- Utilizes understanding of manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs & acts as a technical lead for internal / external customers and resolves technical challenges
- Evaluates product performance and life expectations through engineering calculations. Leverage analytical techniques viz. Thermal, Structural, Vibration and Plant Modelling from other departments.
- Drives innovation on new product development using appropriate tools and techniques such as DFSS, DFR, DMAIC, etc.
Candidate should have experience designing housings for PDU, power electronics components in eMobility applications.
Should have demonstrated experience in design and development of mechanical packaging- Aluminum
High pressure die casting and injection molded components, systems/ sub-systems.
Good analytical skills in mechanical disciplines.
Detail understanding for thermal managements for housings.
Basic knowledge of manufacturing process.
Work & interact with global cross-functional and cross-cultural team.
Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate to internal/external customers and suppliers.
Experience with CAD, FEA, CFD, Thermal, Vibration and fatigue analysis.
Bachelor / Masters in Mechanical Engineering or Automobile engineering (Full time course)
10 / 8 years of relevant experience with multinational engineering organization
7+ years of relevant experience with multinational engineering organization
Desired Candidate Profile
Please refer to the Job description above
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Mechanical
PG:M.Tech - Automobile, Mechanical
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
Eaton Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Its energy-efficient solutions help customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, safely and sustainably. The company is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton employs 99,000 people worldwide, and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.