Job Description I
The Makerspace Specialist will plan, organize, and execute maker-related programming and
raise the profile of the HXLS MakerSpace Labs as a resource for STEAM learning. The primary
areas of focus for this role will be: program development, R&D, teaching, coaching and training,
coordination and collaboration, and continuous improvement and learning. The student age
group will vary from KG - Grade 10
Incumbent is responsible for the maintenance of Lab software, and hardware, to include
computers and 3D printers and assisting the Technology Coordinator in technology-related
projects. Will provide making and technology-related customer service and training for the public
and staff. Assist in maintaining reports and statistics that correspond to the Maker Space Labs
and attend meetings and trainings to increase public awareness of HXLS maker programs.
We are looking for somebody with technical awareness of creative coding tools, 3D Printing,
Microcontrollers and experience with teaching and creating curriculum for Jr Program (Nur -
1. Develop research - based curriculum that introduces concepts of design thinking, rapid
prototyping, creative coding, circuirty - electronics in a project based manner for the Jr
2. Facilitate classes for CBSE & International Program (Elementary & Jr Years)
3. Collaborate with the Technology Coordinators across programs and work with the
central makerspace team to identify and implement opportunities of cross - curricular
4. Lead teacher training course on MakerEd certification.
5. Curate just-in-time course to onboard teaching faculty on resources to be used to
enhance innovation in the classrooms.
6. Maintain a creative, safe, and fun work environment for Lab Central patrons
7. Advertise the MakerSpace programs through flyers, digital signs, brochures and
submitting information for the monthly newsletter
8. Schedule classes and events and update the calendar Track inventory and purchase
9. Ability to teach classes in 3D modeling, coding and develop new curriculum Support
instructors with the development and management of their classes
10. Documents and maintains inventory and service records
11. Creates and maintains in-house Standard Operating Procedure documentation for
12. Provides formal and informal technology-related assistance for Staff and Patrons
13. Research, develop and prototype innovative maker activities and maintain all Maker
Space materials, tools and equipment including hardware and software.
14. Effectively communicate with many ages, abilities and dispositions
15. Ability and willingness to participate in events outside the workday schedule.
16. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
1. Strong communication skills that accommodate a diverse population of users and
2. Background in teaching students creative coding, 3D printing, laser cutting and
experience with microcontrollers such as Ardunio,Makey - Makey etc
3. Exposure to basic programming and one board computers such as arduinos, raspberry
pi, etc; or ability and interest to learn and coding platforms such as Scratch, Arduino IDE
4. Passion and knowledge about the use of technologies to support creative, engaged
5. Sound organizational skills and an ability to recognize and change work priorities in a
6. Comfortable with a hands on approach, particularly an ability to improvise with
audiences of varied ages, the use of hand tools, electronics, computer software,
hardware and various other technologies.
7. Interest and abilities in physical computing, open source hardware and software, video
and audio production, and desktop fabrication.