Essential Role and Responsibilities :
1. Lead the campus career development services
- Design and implement career service initiatives (workshops, trainings, industry exposure, talks etc.) for students to be job ready in collaboration with different departments
- Identify opportunities for internships with the existing academic framework
- Ensure documentation and reporting of all the initiatives to various stakeholders
2. Execute On Campus Placement Program and Industry Outreach
- Develops "target" list of quality employers who provide employment opportunities that match graduates career goals.
- Initiate contact with potential employers to promote the college, program offerings, and graduates.
- Schedule and conduct visits to prospective new employers as well as established employer partners as part of the yearly placement plan.
3. Direct the Collection, Maintenance, and Reporting of Relevant Data
- Ensure that all placement related data is accurately maintained in database system.
- Prepare and present reports for senior leadership to share key insights and opportunities (e.g., job market landscape, employment trends, placement statistics, etc.).
- Maintain strong relationships with employers nationally to develop partnering opportunities especially in research and consulting for faculty
- Manage and develop Career Services Team to carry out their relative responsibilities to ensure optimal performance
Minimum Requirement :
MBA (preferably with engineering background) with more than 10 years of experience in career services, employment or search firms or B2B marketing.
Desired Candidate Profile
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated relationship building skills with employers, colleagues and other constituents
- Good knowledge of current employment practices
- Excellent organizational skills, presentation skills and communication skills (both oral and written). Adept at communicating via social media tools.
- Ability to plan, direct , and review the work of others
- Demonstrated history of excellence in interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Availability during non working hours may be required i.e. evenings/weekends.
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to lead by example to create a positive team atmosphere
UG: Any Graduate - Any Specialization
View Contact Details
Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering (SSNCE), popularly known as SSN College of Engineering or simply SSN, is an engineering institution located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The college is certified to ISO 9001:2000 standard by the National Board of Accreditation.
In March 2018, the college was granted autonomous status by UGC
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.