Manager, DevOps Engineering
Hatch Digital is currently seeking a Manager - DevOps Engineering. A pro-active inspirational leader, the Manager - DevOps Engineering needs to be able to lead the team and ensure they meet the timelines, quality standards and expectations set out by Hatch.
The Manager - DevOps Engineering should be a strong leader with a technical background with proven skills in people management, project management and Agile Scrum Development methodologies incorporating DevOps best practices.
The Manager - DevOps Engineering tackles our organizations toughest technical problems and drives excellence at all levels, working with senior management to support execution of the organization's vision. The Manager - DevOps Engineering is a person who cares deeply about the technical side of operations and making sure that everything is running smoothly for our applications. The ideal candidate loves being the person who interfaces between the dev team and the project leadership team, understands technology deeply at both the server level and at the development level, understands where the gaps often are between these two, and is excited about filling those gaps.
This is the role for you if you are an excellent communicator, able to eliminate jargon when necessary, yet able to dive deep into technical details when working with development staff. You take complete ownership of the technical implementation of projects and ensure that no stone is left unturned to avoid risks. You take quality very seriously and work to quantify and evaluate new ways of measuring quality to ensure application up-time and a positive user experience, and that we continue to deliver excellent customer experiences.
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives
- Facilitate Scrum events and other meetings as requested or needed (e.g. daily scrum/stand-up, planning, reviews, retrospectives, backlog refinement, etc.) working with Global Scrum teams
- Support and coach the development team to understand and excel at their role
- Champion agile development best-practices, including automated testing, CI/CD, TDD, etc.
- Monitors progress of work of technical personnel, ensuring that application development and deployment is done in the best possible way, and implements quality control and review systems throughout the development and deployment processes.
- Employ and leverage standard tools and techniques to maximize team effectiveness (physical and/or virtual boards, collaboration and productivity software, etc.)
- Monitor team activity, performance and progress towards sprint and release goals
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering/Computer Applications or equivalent
- Sound experience in a complex technical agile product development environment
- Scrum Master certification or equivalent
- 5+ years of DevOps or related experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques Backlog Management, User Stories, Test Driven Development (TDD), Automated Testing, Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD), agile estimating and planning, pairing, Agile games, etc.
- High level understanding of software architecture and systems modeling
- Experience using VSTS/Azure DevOps for managing work (e.g. backlogs, boards, testing, etc.)