What will you do at Ciena?
We're looking for an experienced, motivated and talented individual interested in progressing their career in advanced IP Routing and MPLS features, while learning to leverage the disruption taking place with SDN, NFV and virtualized routing systems. You will take an experienced and influential role contributing to advancing next generation routing capabilities focused on service provider, carrier grade capability, scale and reliability.
- Build, manage and drive a high performance SW development team - Recruitment, planning, assignment, tracking, Release Management (small to large), planning and execution of customer patch releases , performance management and people development.
- Should participate in and drive the requirements, architecture, design and implementation process to ensure a high quality delivery to test teams.
- Help investigate and collect information (metrics) to resolve process issues found on the current or past releases and to improve software quality.
- Ensure smooth software lifecycle for all ongoing releases as it goes through various release related gates/milestones.
- Coordinate with local/remote Architecture, Product Marketing, SW engineering and test teams for successful delivery of features
- Prioritize & drive resolution of customer issues actively with customer support teams.
- Attend meetings, report progress and take technical leadership to help drive issue resolution.
- Fair understanding of usage of the Configuration management tools.
Collaboration with stakeholders
- R&D teams.
- PLM and Product Architects.
- 3rd party vendors.
- Field Support teams
Experience Skill Required:
- Bachelor's Master's of Science Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- 10+ Years of software development experience.
- Exposure to product development cycle with track record of driving features across complete development lifecycle.
- Strong technical domain knowledge in IP-Routing, IP-ISIS, IP-OSPF, , IP-FRR, L3VPN.
- Exposure to BGP, Segment Routing, EVPN.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills, effectively able to collaborate with multiple teams across geographically diverse areas.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Programming & Design
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Computers, BCA - Computers, B.Sc - Computers
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) - Computers, M.Tech - Computers, MCA - Computers
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Ciena India Private Ltd.
Contact Company:Ciena India Private Ltd.