As the package design manager at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for the enablement of effective package layouts that meet exceptional technical standards. In this highly visible role, you will own and drive advanced package design and development. You will have ultimate responsibility for package/SIP layout, optimization, layout verification and taping out.
In addition to hands-on design, you will also be responsible to growth and management of several technical direct. You will be also required to scale your group to meet business requirements. You will have end-to-end design ownership on a wide variety of products and package structures, including mobile, advanced DRAM, and ASIC packages.Qualifications:
- Advanced Degrees in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with significant technical and managerial experience
- Minimum 7+ years hands on experience with Cadence APD/SIP or equivalent mentor tools is a must
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in packaging area including Wirebond & Flip chip technologies.
- Experience preferred in schematic capture, layout and design using Cadence Allegro Schematic Design Entry (Concept HDL) design tools is a plus
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D and 3D (Inventor a plus)
- Ability to travel internationally as required
- Assist with improving individual capability by conducting performance appraisals with team members to create goals and development plans.
- Monitor performance metrics of diverse teams to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Other responsibilities include ensuring organizational compliance to company policies and laws, as well as to departmental procedures, and providing organizational leadership for building and implementing department strategies, processes, and policy through active participation in functional teams and projects, as well as mentoring other functional leaders through collaboration and the development of sustainably successful solutions.
Design Coordination and Management
- Support feasibility studies for various package options.
- Interact with and support die design to enable silicon architecture development.
- Interact with key Business Unit stakeholders and recommend package solutions to meet customer and/or market requirements.
- Establish design gap analysis for subcontractor proposals.
- Support package technology development activities.
- Provide design support for thermal/mechanical/electrical simulation analysis.
Create Package Designs
- Execute advanced package design reviews in a timely and efficient manner
- Design for optimum electrical performance, manufacturability, and package reliability
- Perform direct design reviews with assembly subcon design teams
- Participate in the DFMEA (Design for Manufacturing) process
- Maintain familiarity with documentation work flows and signoff flows
- Ensure accurate and timely update of all documents into the Assembly Database
- Check and proofread designs from different areas (interposer suppliers, subcons drawings, tooling vendor, etc.
- Provide accurate drafting support for the following drawings: Marketing Drawings, Manufacturing Drawings, Package Outline Drawings, Interposer Drawings, and WireBond Diagrams
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Electrical, Mechanical
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Micron Technology Operations India LLP
Contact Company:Micron Technology Operations India LLP