UTC is a $60 bn global leader in fire, home automation and security solutions, with over 200,000 employees around the world. The company owns brands like Otis, Carrier, Collins and Pratt & Whitney. The company is also consistently ranked among the top places to work in the world.
Carrier Corporation is a brand of UTC Climate, Controls & Security division, based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. Carrier was founded in 1915 as an independent, American company, manufacturing and distributing heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, as well as commercial refrigeration and food service equipment.
Built on Willis Carriers invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a world leader in heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency.
For its R&D centre in Hyderabad, UTC Fire & Security (the Carrier division) is looking for a Microsoft .Net software developer with 5-8 years of software development experience.
What you will do
You will be a key contributor to the design, development and implementation of software applications for large scale security systems applications. This position will focus on new development of software applications as well as maintenance and stewardship of existing applications. This position requires the ability to work under minimal direction in collaboration with a team of engineers to design and develop robust system solutions that meet defined system requirements.
1. We're a collaborative bunch, so you'll contribute to all phases of the SDLC, from design, to implementation, unit testing, integration and release
2. You will work closely with Engineers & Product Management to deliver products on time with quality
3. You'll also coordinate with the System Architect to understand and maintain an in-depth understanding of the current and upcoming requirements for proposed releases
4. You'll be responsible for the technical designs and prototyping for assigned systems and act as a technical design authority
5. We work in a fast-moving agile set-up, so expect to pitch in with other responsibilities from time to time
How you will do it
You should be hands-on technical leader working closely with your peers in engineering, product management and senior management in the company to deliver best of breed solutions with your technical stewardship. You will be responsible for below critical functions in helping us design leading products
1. Design and develop new features according to product functional specification and design requirements.
2. Understands and makes recommendations for software development process.
3. Support software engineering development of complex projects; Deliver engineering tasks at the project level; Organizes engineering work in a logical manner.
4. Able to co-ordinate with QA team on test plans and strategies.
5. Able to meet project plans for application development activities; prioritizing work to accomplish demanding changes.
6. Maintains solid relationships with key internal and external stakeholder.
7. Stays abreast of technology developments and their potential impact and opportunities on the organization.
8. Proactively identifies, recommends, and implements improvements to the engineering process.
9. Ensuring defects are reviewed on a regular basis and resolved in the required timeframe
10. The candidate should be very enthusiastic, self-motivated and a fast learner.
11. Mentor junior team members.
Quality control & delivery
1. Strong application process flow and problem-solving techniques
2. Knowledge and extensive use of common tools used by the engineering group: version control, unit testing and code coverage, coding standards, cyber security, etc.
3. Experience of working in an Agile environment
4. Outstanding analytical skills, self-motivated, high performing and goal oriented
5. Strong customer focus and ability to think about the impact of actions on the customer
SALARY & JOINING
The position will pay Rs. 10-14 lakhs per annum, and the final amount may be even higher depending on your experience and expertise.
If made an offer you will need to join in 4-5 weeks.
This is the opportunity of a lifetime for people looking to specialize in highly coveted niche futuristic skills, and to work in a top multinational company with excellent employee-first initiatives. We look forward to your application.
This will start off as a probationary/contract position, and will convert to a permanent position in 6-12 months subject to your performance and other criteria. (During the probationary period, you will be on the rolls of an associate company of UTC Fire & Security.)
Required Candidate profileRequired Competencies
2. Must have 5-8 years relevant experience on Microsoft .NET application development.
3. Must have experience developing modern web applications and windows based applications (Traditional WinForms / WPF)
5. Must have experience with wiring and interacting with web services (SOAP/REST) with SOA framework
6. Strong familiarities in dealing with different tools (Visual studio, perforce, SVN, Git etc) and software development methodologies (Agile, TDD)
7. Strong knowledge of .net framework, ASP.Net, MVC, Web API, C#.Net and IIS
8. Strong knowledge of SQL application programming Entity Framework
9. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
10. Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
11. Must have worked with focused large team delivering impactful solutions to customers
1. Familiarity with Cloud application development concepts
2. Familiarity with virtualization and containers technologies.
3. Familiarity with CI/CD automation processes
UG: Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required