As Network Specialist, you are responsible for Implementation and troubleshooting skills on routing, switching and Security devices like Firewalls and NAC.
If you thrive in a dynamic, reciprocal workplace, IBM provides an environment to explore new opportunities every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here. Your Role and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of Routing and Switching design, configuration, implementation and support
- Understanding of routing and switching protocols including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, HSRP, Spanning Tree.
- Excellent overall understanding of Cisco products:
- ASA Firewalls - 5500-X Series experience: configuring access rules; configuring site-to-site and remote access VPN's; troubleshooting
- Switches and Routers including Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K and 1v
- Be proficient with network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, experience with Open Source tools a plus
- Cloud experience is highly desirable
- Experience with network troubleshooting & resolution of very complex routing problems via protocol analyzers, etc.
- Expertise in implementing and supporting new technologies and understanding of associated business implications
- Occasional travel, On-call schedule and after hour maintenance events are required
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience focused on Data Center network support, configuration and implementation
- Minimum 5+ years of core switching, routing, MPLS and FWs
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience in enterprise-level networking with knowledge in TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF and BGPv4, etc.), SMTP and SNMP
- Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks with emphasis on IPSec, L2L VPN, and Remote Access VPN
- Networking and security architectural and engineering support experience across local, regional and global domains
- Working knowledge of AWS - EC2, EBS, Networking, SG, AMI's, Checkpoint firewalls and F5 Load Balancers
- Hands on experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience with TCP/IP, networking, and DNS, SMTP, and HTTPS
- Hands on experience with VLANs and routing
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix security (Firewalls, ACLs, Authentication, etc.)
- Experience in Operating Systems tuning and configuration.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in computer engineering, systems or related field.
- Well versed with Cisco / Juniper Firewall (NS-5GT, SSG5, SSG140, SSG520, SSG-1000)
- Prefer knowledge of Cisco, Checkpoint, Riverbed, and Avaya hardware.
- CCNP or equivalent industry &/or business networking experience desired
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI)
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
/ Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - Network Administration
Role Category: Admin/Maintenance/Security/Datawarehousing
Role: Network Administrator
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent