Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan - and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are :
As an Offering Manager at IBM, you will leverage your expertise to reinforce IBM's leadership position in technology and business and create an environment of collaboration and inclusion that enables IBMers to unleash their full potential.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Senior individual performer/leader the Offering Manager influences and advises on feasibility aspects and viability of the offering in the market and in turn present offering capabilities. The Offering Manager provides detailed direction on key technical and marketing tasks to launch an offering feature, offering, or collection of offerings in the portfolio
- Accountable for key outcome metrics, including customer satisfaction, accessibility and revenue and profitability of assigned offering. Lead designers and developers to translate prioritized market requirements to development plans (e.g., via personas, use cases, user stories, and/or market requirements documents), helping to define a differentiated offering.
- Performs or commissions analysis to identify needs and quantify opportunity. Has regular meetings with target market customers and prospects to gather market requirements and develops an understanding of the competitive landscape and key market influencers inclusive of offering capabilities, consumability, and go-to-market strategies.
- Regularly participates in overall functional program planning (e.g., for offering content, usability, schedule, and quality).
- Drives customer validation through beta programs and client meetings, confirming requirements are addressed by the delivered solution.
- Demonstrates offering capabilities and value proposition to external stakeholders (customers, partners, and analysts), analyzing feedback to identify potential gaps or opportunities and make recommendations on how to address them.
- Negotiates offering contracts with development teams, drives cross-functional collaborative efforts to meet offering schedule commitments, and actively manages the plan of delivery including associated risks.
- Provides ongoing technical and or operational guidance to lead professional work teams. Converts technical positioning into key market messages for offering launch. Confirms that marketing communications articulate the value proposition for key features and are developed and delivered in a digitally consumable way.
- Works with development and marketing to deliver digital assets in support of always-on marketing and digital engagement, such as interactive demos, trials/evaluations, and user forums/communities. Confirms that sales execution plans are in place.
- Works with enablement to plan continuous learning programs for sales team and partners and to guide creation of enablement assets (conversation guides, competitor overviews), tools, and technical assets (offering architectures). Identifies offering references for industry and client referrals. Monitors the sales process.
- Works with legal to create a standard offering contract that is simple for clients and meets all purchasing requirements.
- Works with development and marketing to ensure user analytics are appropriately embedded, tracked, and analyzed. Addresses serviceability issues with the offering and customer challenges.
How we'll help you grow:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our SME's love to mentor.
- You will have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10 - 15 years of experience.
- Proven experience in providing detailed direction on key technical and marketing tasks to launch an offering feature, offering or collection of offerings in the portfolio.
- Proven experience in articulating market problems to the broader offering team.
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with development leaders, product architects, product designers, and key customers to appropriately package features into offering releases and ensure offering designs reflect business objectives (e.g., by creating quarterly roadmaps, monthly release plans).
- Flexible and adaptable to evolving business needs and able to perform in a high intensity environment
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
/ Software Services
Functional Area: Marketing
, Media Planning
Role Category: Marketing
Role: Marketing Manager
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent